Keeping Squid

quaddy

Hi All

I have just been for a bit of a lure fish and surprised myself with getting a couple of squid. I have kept them to use as bait. What is the best way to keep these either overnight (if i can get away) or for a couple of weeks. i hope to use them to chase my first jewwie and am open to any advice.

Ta

Hi All

I have just been for a bit of a lure fish and surprised myself with getting a couple of squid. I have kept them to use as bait. What is the best way to keep these either overnight (if i can get away) or for a couple of weeks. i hope to use them to chase my first jewwie and am open to any advice.

Ta

Hey quaddy,

What I like to do is put them in those snap loc air tight bags you can purchase from your local supermarket. Just throw them in the freezer and make sure they don't make contact with fresh water and you should be fine. Some people even use vacuum bags.

Use a twin hook rig and either use the squid whole or stripped. To strip the squid pull out the head skin the tube and cut open so that you have a flat piece of white flesh. Remove all the internals and cut a strip about an inch in width to the length of your squid. Place neatly on a twin hook rig allowing the bait to flow naturally and wait for that magic noise zZZzzZzzz! :1fishing1:

Good luck! :thumbup:

Hey quaddy,

What I like to do is put them in those snap loc air tight bags you can purchase from your local supermarket. Just throw them in the freezer and make sure they don't make contact with fresh water and you should be fine. Some people even use vacuum bags.

Use a twin hook rig and either use the squid whole or stripped. To strip the squid pull out the head skin the tube and cut open so that you have a flat piece of white flesh. Remove all the internals and cut a strip about an inch in width to the length of your squid. Place neatly on a twin hook rig allowing the bait to flow naturally and wait for that magic noise zZZzzZzzz! :1fishing1:

Good luck! :thumbup:

thanks nosliw

I have oganised a buddy and we are going to use them tomorrow night. I have them currently in a plastic container, unclean, in my beer fridge. Will buy the bags tomorow if i catch any more.

take care