Shimano

marcel haber

A while back they were going for $179 with a 7ft catana combo. Really Cheap IMO.

But these days if you can get them for around $180 you should be pretty happy.

Good reels I've got the 6500 the big btr and a few okuma epix's as well.

Good solid reels the baitrunners-we have a couple of 4500s and they do the job well.

The cheapest i've seen the 6500 going at the moment is $195-PM me if you can't find cheaper anywhere else but i'd say you probably will be able to.

Cheers

Josh

I wouldnt go for a combo.

I have the 6500 with the 7' Catana and whilst the reel is a beauty the rod has made some strange creaking noises when under a bit of load.

Dave

funnyly enough i have a catana snapper spin with one of me BTR's and it dose the same thing with a strange creaking noise when under a fair bit of pressure....and i thought it was just mine...

Ive got a couple of 6500 great reels especially with the features its got plenty of times ive dropped the bait back on its free spool for pearlies and snapper and once they start taking line just wind the handle. they also hold plenty of line ,mine are on Original Ugly stik 701sp's and they dont creak.

Hey mate,

I bought the catana/6500 combo and hooked and lost a really nice jew on the first outing. The rod folded like a liquorice stick and I couldn't turn the fish or put any heat on at all. Grab a combo for 180 if you can but I recommend ditching the rod.

Cheers