A Stupid Question

FishDrought

Hi Raiders,

I know I might sound stupid here but are there any rules to say you cannot beach/land a boat on some of Sydney's beaches?

It was my understanding that you could unless there were restricted access signs posted, designated swiming only beaches or there would be the possibility of endangering bathers/ swimmers?

I could be completely wrong & would appreciate hearing the facts..

I was going to tag along with a couple of mates to beach our boats out the front of Doyles at Watsons Bay. We were informed by a staff member of that venue, that it was no longer allowed by the council & maritime services?? ? news to me.

One of the blokes called NSW Mari, the response he got was " I am not sure, but I will endevour to find out for you".

Just a quick vent on another topic, I was up at the Entrance last weekend & while motoring down passed the small island off Picnic Point (sorry I don't know the area well).Just as you pass from the shallow water to the deeper channel, I managed to pick up a 2 meter length of plastic packing belt tied to a couple of feet of chicken mesh..

I thought I was just having a run of bad luck until I heard a couple other boats had run into similar set ups ( packing tape tied to chicken wire). So watch out if your up that way.

Cheers

J

You can beach at any of the navy bases, opera house and circular Quay , Kiribilli House,and at all of them they have a service where they will look after your boat and a free express shuttle service into town to nice overnight accomodation or on base accomodation . Should all try it once. :1prop:

I know Chinamans has a no beaching boats for part of the year for most of it, you can't tie to up shark nets or navy buoys, circular / anchoring in zone around Bridge ofr in main channels or near sub cables. When you think about it there is hardly any harbour left to use.

Not heard that about Watsons although they were moving the dinghys off the boadwalk or something a year ago.

i hit watsons all the time for lunch[mmmmmmmmmwhiting fillets]never had a prob but we drop a pick and tye to the frount off the boat and step out on the beach [the boat is not beached it is still floating] i usuly stay with the boat and my mate gets lunch

cherrs gary

Guest Aussie007

if theres people swimming at the beach u have to keep a good distance i got my licence a long time ago so i have forgotten the distance to keep either look it up on the waterways web site or dont beach where theres swimmers :thumbup: no swimmers go for it