Land Based Game Eden Nsw

Guest linton

Hey Fisho's,

I am a regular Fisho down at Eden, (Southern NSW), and have rescently become madly interested in LBG.

Just wandering what rigs for Live Baiting and Bridle rigs have had the most success off the rocks?. Do you know what the following areas are like to fish at? Terrace Beach Rocks, North Head, Mowarry Point and at the tip of Greencape. I do catch alot of Yakka's, Slimeys and Frigate, but just wandering what the best rigs were for these baits.

Thanks

Edited by linton

Hey Fisho's,

I am a regular Fisho down at Eden, (Southern NSW), and have rescently become madly interested in LBG.

Just wandering what rigs for Live Baiting and Bridle rigs have had the most success off the rocks?. Do you know what the following areas are like to fish at? Terrace Beach Rocks, North Head, Mowarry Point and at the tip of Greencape. I do catch alot of Yakka's, Slimeys and Frigate, but just wandering what the best rigs were for these baits.

Thanks

I would presume the bridel rig through the eye socket, attachted to a small rubber band which is the looped onto the hook however many times nessacary.

(use a bait needle to loop one end of the elastic, which makes it alot easier to put the rubber band through the eye socket)

pm me if you need further info/ diagrams

Cheers Tim

Hey Fisho's,

Thanks

Hi,

haven't fished Eden before but do a bit o f live baiting of the rocks. Normally I run about 3m of 60-100lb trace (depending on what you are chasing) then a float on main line with adjustable stopper (deep adjusted depending on conditions). Haven't really bothered much with bridle rigging bait, normally if using yakka's I just hook them in the shoulder, when using slimeys and frigate a hook in the top jaw will normally do trick. I have also heard when using Frigate you can run no float and simply free spool them out and retrieve them in till they get hit or die, they don't normally last as long as they need lots of water running over gill; yakka's are very hardy and in right conditions will last all day.

When is the best time for LBG at Eden, might have to do a trip down there soon.

Chris

Hey Chris B,

Thanks for your info, the best time of the year to be going to eden is around November through till January.

The warmer water means lots of palaegics out wide such as Marlin, Yellowfin, Kingies and smaller tuna.

Would you be able to send a good photo of one of your bridle rigs? Check out the Brag board and some of

my fish will be at the top of the page.

Linton

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your info, yer do you reckon you could send me a photo of the bridle rig system. And one more

question. Where do you get the pin from? Can you just use a sewing needle or something?? Thanks for

your help.

Hey Chris B,

Thanks for your info, the best time of the year to be going to eden is around November through till January.

The warmer water means lots of palaegics out wide such as Marlin, Yellowfin, Kingies and smaller tuna.

Would you be able to send a good photo of one of your bridle rigs? Check out the Brag board and some of

my fish will be at the top of the page.

Linton

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your info, yer do you reckon you could send me a photo of the bridle rig system. And one more

question. Where do you get the pin from? Can you just use a sewing needle or something?? Thanks for

your help.

check out this web adress

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Nk1CH6tg4

Chris