Hervey Bay Classic

Bruce the Postie

G'day All,

Just spent last weekend in Hervey Bay for their annual classic tounament, so i thought i better bung up a bit of a report.

Flew in on thursday 12.40 and straight to the Boat Club for briefing, then onto my mates boat and off to the top of Fraser Island (off the lighthouse ) for the night ready to head over the bar for a 7 am start.

Well friday's weather forcast was good and it just got better from there. Not being very experienced at this game fishing caper i was hopefull that it would be more sucessful than my last few attempts and i wasn't dissapointed.

The 13 mile crossing was very user friendly and within a short time we had our first strike and hook up and this action continued at a fairly hectic pace. All in all the Friday session proved to be a right pisser with probably a dozen hook ups , unfortunatly we lost most of these but it was still a blast .

Over the 3 days the the fleet must have tagged dozens of small Black Marlin , Sailfish, Wahoo, Cobia, Dolphinfish and Tuna, It was going off !. I think i might just go again next November.

post-5510-1227339950_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1227340070_thumb.jpg

Friday Evening

post-5510-1227340107_thumb.jpg

Backing down on a fish

post-5510-1227340184_thumb.jpg

Me ready on the tag pole

post-5510-1227340207_thumb.jpg

Conditions on Sunday

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile: