Nice Soapy

I have heard otherwise. But we will find out how it goes. Not bad coming from the Shire, whatever happened to its head?

Looks like he decided to bleed it... i've heard the little ones are called 'soapies' for that reason... i'll be interested to hear how it goes on the plate.

Looks like he decided to bleed it... i've heard the little ones are called 'soapies' for that reason... i'll be interested to hear how it goes on the plate.

I thought they were called "Soapies" because they exude a milky liquid during cooking. :(

I ate an 85cm a while back and it wasn't very good. Suffice to say that I wouldn't keep another. Bland, dry and part of the flesh looked like it had had some sort of parasite. They seem to be much better in the water.

Let us know how it goes on the plate.

I thought they were called "Soapies" because they exude a milky liquid during cooking. :(

I ate an 85cm a while back and it wasn't very good. Suffice to say that I wouldn't keep another. Bland, dry and part of the flesh looked like it had had some sort of parasite. They seem to be much better in the water.

Let us know how it goes on the plate.

they are called soapys because when they are small their flesh is vey soft and mushy and they are like eating a cake of soap! as they mature their flesh firms and they become nice eating. They start to become better eating at around 45 - 50 cm and by the time they get up to 65cm they are spot on! I have eaten them up to 25lb and every one was scrumptious.

I dont know what you guys are doing as far as cookong them goes but if you roll them in flour, dip them in egg and crumb them, then fry them in olive oil you will never complain about them again I promise.

As for the parasite in the flesh - It is a common occurence in jew, they get a worm in the flesh that is harmless and tasteless to humans once cooked, almost all jew have them- nothing to worry about!

Edited by tide'n'knots

Yea looks to be bled just wondering how come it looks like that, when i bleed fish there is normally one small cut but?