Berkley Dropshot 7'2"

DarkHorse

G'Day Crew,

Today I purchased a new berkley dropshot. Got the 7'2" model 2-4kg.

Is it too big to use for trolling from my tinny 4.3m stacer, most if not all my fishing will be from the boat and trolling.

Mainly want to target flatties, bream and bass etc using small hard body lures and soft plastics.

Should I have got the 6'6"?

What reel should I team it up with? I currently have a Shimano Twin Power FB 1000 and a Shimano Sienna 1000.

Are they too small?

Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Crew,

Thanks for the great replies. Well I followed your comments and decided to keep the dropshot. Instead of using the shimano twinpower 1000 which is mated with a daiwa 3 piece light rod for trout I decided to buy a daiwa reel.

Went to *** looked at various models and then after reading a few post's here decided to call Peter at Go Fish Dural.

Peter gave me an EXCELLENT price on a Team Daiwa Advantage 2000A. Thanks Peter. Wonderful service, spent nearly half a day talking about the pro's and con's of various model reels.

Although I could have purchased another reel from *** for not much more, I decided to buy from Peter as he spent all that time discussing reels and NOT ONCE did he try the hard sell or try and talk me into a more expensive model, in fact the opposite!

Now you don't get service like that anymore.

Got it today. Nice. Very nice reel. Going to put some daiwa braid on it!!!

Regards,

Rob

Edited by DarkHorse

Well I decided not to keep the dropshot, instead replaced it with a new daiwa advantage rod to suit the reel. Very nice reel and rod combo, can't wait to try it out in the Hawkesbury chasing flathead etc.

Got the 7' light/medium with fast taper (what ever that means)................

Up until now all my rods have had cork grips. The daiwa advantage rod is the first with synthetic grips.

Will let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Rob.

Good luck with it Rob, I've just used the advantage rod with a SOL on a friends combo and its very nice to use, i think the synthetic grips are probably better, i've just got a similar rod in the Daiwa Saltwater series and its my first synthetic after a few corks and i can't wait to try it out. The cork tends to need too much attention if you really want to look after it and becomes to brittle.

Cheers

Josh