Buying Squid

Kirks

hey guys

I need to know where i can buy some whole squid fresh for a jewie sesh tomorrow. Is there sny shops shops round pennant hills or a tackle store that you can pm be the name of.

cheers

steve

Steve,

If you can venture out to Go Fish at Dural, they have got in some fresh beautiful hawkesbury squid. I bought myself some yesterday for actually the same reason as you, a jewie or kingy session.

Guest Aussie007

all the fresh squid i have brought is more than likely frozen squid defrosted and really pink plus they put normal drinking water ice cubes on the squid to keep it nice bad move from what ive red! when i was in my local tackle shop the other day i was looking thru 1 of 3 big freezers and i noticed they sold boxed squid it was $15 a box not sure how many squid it wasnt many but the squid had no signs of pink'ish look to them they were a nice sort of frosted fluroesent colour i didnt grab the brand name either it was a light green box

i dont know about youz but i find unless you catch your own squid it doesnt work... I've tried from frozen to fish markets and even the 40$$ a kilo local squid which some shops say were caught on the day or the da before and have never been frozen...

Just doesnt work you can leave the squid out there all night without anibble and have a frozen pillie which works better than the squid

all the fresh squid i have brought is more than likely frozen squid defrosted and really pink plus they put normal drinking water ice cubes on the squid to keep it nice bad move from what ive red! when i was in my local tackle shop the other day i was looking thru 1 of 3 big freezers and i noticed they sold boxed squid it was $15 a box not sure how many squid it wasnt many but the squid had no signs of pink'ish look to them they were a nice sort of frosted fluroesent colour i didnt grab the brand name either it was a light green box

I think their called California Squid. Not bad as Ive caught some rats with it at Botany Bay last winter. Good back up squid.

Steve,

If you can venture out to Go Fish at Dural, they have got in some fresh beautiful hawkesbury squid. I bought myself some yesterday for actually the same reason as you, a jewie or kingy session.

How much is the squid at Go Fish.

Hey Gazza

can you pm the name and number of the fishing shop where the boxed squid is.

Cheers mate

Steve

I have used the frozen hawkesbury squid from tackle shops and have caught numerous jews last season. This season I haven't seen much of it about and it is quite expensive about $28/kilo.

Also worth noting I bought another brand of frozen squid as well not sure what it was called but it looked quite good green eyes no pink on the squid but the hawkesbury squid outfished it consistently until i gave the other one up and the hawkesbury squid was very pink no green eyes and to be honest didn't look all that fresh. But I do know that it did work consistently.

I have used the frozen hawkesbury squid from tackle shops and have caught numerous jews last season. This season I haven't seen much of it about and it is quite expensive about $28/kilo.

Also worth noting I bought another brand of frozen squid as well not sure what it was called but it looked quite good green eyes no pink on the squid but the hawkesbury squid outfished it consistently until i gave the other one up and the hawkesbury squid was very pink no green eyes and to be honest didn't look all that fresh. But I do know that it did work consistently.

I think there are definitely less squid around in the H'bury area this year compared to the same time last year.

Last year at Cottage Pt we managed nearly 200 arrow squid over about 9 days of which we would of only kept about a quarter tops for bait each day and they were a decent size for arrow squid. This year we only managed 40-50 over 8 days and they were all really small, some were so small we put them back so that would explain the lack of it and high price.

Cheers

Josh