Another Proud Dad!

Guest Jocool

Seems like only yesterday I was helping her say her first words. Now, she is doing it all herself! :thumbup:

I am by no means an ignoramus, (although some will argue the point :risata: ), and I had a high level of education. I have learnt to string quite a few words together to make a coherent statement. And I don't shy away from speaking my mind.

But when your 12 year old daughter can write, compose, and deliver her own speech, its a very humbling experience.

My daughter was in the first round of public speaking for her school tonight. Although she hasn't made it to the next round, I am justifiably proud! And it won't be too long and she will be showing me up I think! :risata::risata:

Public speaking is a hard thing to do Joe. Some people just can't do it at all mainly as they had no experience when they were young. I think its great that your daughter is able to do it. It is a skill that can be very useful later in life.

Great to see communication skills being learnt. It is a thing sorely lacking these days. Do they teach spelling in schools anymore Joe ? :1prop:

You have very reason to be proud :thumbup: