Slick Rigs Rule Ok

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

Just a quick update on the amazing performances of slick rigs. I have tried these on just about everything that swims and caught them all!!

last night the bass included a 40+ specimen were all over the baby slick rigs 65mm

salmon and tailor love them 80-100mm

so do flaty's 80-100mm

it is well documented that take mega barra up north

sometimes the weight is a bit to much for finessing, but simply pull out the hook and cut off some lead or replace with another jighead and your sweet

give them a go and keep bushy and starlo busy

cheers

bm

they are a good lure for flatties / jew etc.

Justa quick question , Why would you take the kooh out and get rid of some lead???? Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the "Slick Rig"?? you may be better off buying the normal squidgy fish or similar lure and rigging them lighter if you wanted to fish these lures with a bit more finesse.

Mitch

not necessarily.

pretty good way to have a plastic with a hidden weight system on a bigger and heavier level...

im a fan of using those hidden weight jigheads specially when fishing boat hulls as they dont make as much osund if u accidently hit one and given alot of fish eat on the drop it makes them swim down nicely

specially those banana prawn gulps!

unfortunately if you want to use the hidden weights in bigger plastics or just use heavier weight you have to compromise as plastics are only so thin and wont handle some fat weight in there guts.

certainly a good way to get ur jig head hidden using a slick rig and having a lighter head makes them sink a bit slower which gives it that tasty realistic action yum yum

they are a good lure for flatties / jew etc.

Justa quick question , Why would you take the kooh out and get rid of some lead???? Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the "Slick Rig"?? you may be better off buying the normal squidgy fish or similar lure and rigging them lighter if you wanted to fish these lures with a bit more finesse.

Mitch

I find the hook size on the 65mm a tad large and heavy (it is same size as the 80mm)

sometimes i will just chop off some lead off the standard hook in the 80-110mm version if i want it to swim shallower and slower

tried a squidgy fish and IMO the action is not as good as the slick rigs

cheers

kael

• 1 month later...

The slick rig 100mm size in the white drop bear colour is a deadly plastic on barra up in the Northern

Territory,if anyone is going up in the next couple of months to fish the runoff make sure you

have some in your lure collection.Work best in the dirty water around small runoffs,

colour changes & near barrages along the river systems. :1fishing1:

cheers

Steve

The slick rig 100mm size in the white drop bear colour is a deadly plastic on barra up in the Northern

Territory,if anyone is going up in the next couple of months to fish the runoff make sure you

have some in your lure collection.Work best in the dirty water around small runoffs,

colour changes & near barrages along the river systems. :1fishing1:

cheers

Steve

got a couple of drop bear 100mm in my tackle box i will definitly give them a go on Barra someday

i like tru blue for tailor /salmon

black gold and silver fox for bass

kael