Outr From The Harbour Tuesday

saltrix

Launched about 5.30 from Roseville, tried for squid but no takers, maybe as it was a low tide.

Picked up some yellowtail to downrig around North Head but the swell made it too choppy for me on my own, so I whizzed out to DY wide to stock up on flathead and mowies.

They werent playing there today, so I tried Long Reef wide.

Zero all morning, should have stayed in the harbour.

Launched about 5.30 from Roseville, tried for squid but no takers, maybe as it was a low tide.

Picked up some yellowtail to downrig around North Head but the swell made it too choppy for me on my own, so I whizzed out to DY wide to stock up on flathead and mowies.

Bad luck mate, at least you got out on the water!

The harbour may have been a beter option in hindsight.

Hey Saltrix

Did you try the marker with SP at NH? man they been getting plenty of small king there.

Edited by Megabite

hi saltrix.... not even leatheries offshore? did u lose any gear?

Most of the time I didnt even lose a bait although once I had a hook bitten off but didnt catch any and didnt go to wire as do if they are consistant.

I did get a pike and a couple of nannagi. Trouble was I have been getting a lot of fish at those 2 spots for months, but it is now time to move as they usually go off about now.

A squid or cuttle did maul a livebait I had out, maybe I should have put a pilchard on a squid spike but I was loosing enthusiasm by then.