Almost Lost The Boat

Bashir

I was awoken early today and on the phone was the owner of the marina informing me that they had just saved my boat from sinking. Apparently there was a bung out, how it happend is a mystery and I'd rather not think about it at the moment as I have a few hard weeks to look forward to cleaning up. :thumbdown: Here is a few pics, apparently it came from within half an inch of going under before they managed to get a 240v pump in to save the day.

post-116-1109398472_thumb.jpg

post-116-1109398488_thumb.jpg

Joe all I know is that there was a bung missing, we are not sure if it worked its way loose somehow or if it was a deliberate act. At the moment we are thinking that it worked loose somehow, only because there were plenty of people at the marina and also the fact that another bloke reckons he saw it tilting to starboard the weekend before, but thought it must of just been a weight distribution thing. Once we got it up on the slip, everythign seemed ok. So far electrics seem fine, gotta love the full glass signatures, :thumbup: everything is pretty much sealed in there, just needs a big clean and get hung out to dry, she'll be right I guess, although I wish the motor had sunk, that 4 stroke would have been nice.

although I wish the motor had sunk, that 4 stroke would have been nice.

33929[/snapback]

You obviously dont know the right people! :risata::risata:

Does your insurance cover you for instances like this, or will you just wear the cost?

Insurance jobs arent my specialty Joe, I'm more into the knee capping, wrist snapping area. :1prop: But at least I know who to call now. :thumbup:

Yeh we are covered. :thumbup: But hopefully we wont have to go through all that, at this stage it doesn't look like there is any damage at all but time will tell I guess when I go through the cleanup. At least I get to do a bit or work I had planned like a new sounder, re-do my outriggers, fuel tank mods etc....

Insurance jobs arent my specialty Joe, I'm more into the knee capping, wrist snapping area. :1prop:  But at least I know who to call now. :thumbup:

33935[/snapback]

Good thing I have your number!!! I will know who to call too! :risata::risata:

Edited by Jocool

Allen They said the boat was listing the weekend before so perhaps the bung was loose then worked itself completely free. There were guys all over the marina that morning, so I doubt it was an intentional act. There are scupper bungs, but I have them closed.

A bilge pump with float switch is getting done this week! Stupid not to have it I know. :thumbdown:

Hiya Bash; do you have full covers for the cockpit? If not watch out for flat batteries if you are away from the boat and we get a classic couple of days of Sydney tropical style heavy rain _ can tax the float-switched bilge pump!!!! Happened to me a few years back and almost lost my boat _ a side fastener on the cover came off and directed hundreds of litres of rain into the cockpit!!!! cheers Bombie

Yeh we have full covers, the only way water gets in is a bit near the windscreen even in torrential rain. :thumbup: Will most probably hook up a solar charging setup too, might have to hit dad up for a financial contribution towards all the mods I have planned for the boat. :ranting2: It will be a real gamefishing machine when I'm finished. :biggrin2:

Yeh and come to think of it, I think he mentioned something about removing bungs too. :risata: If he wasn't at the ABT, some questions would have been asked. :ranting2: Did the big cleanup today, she is looking so so sexy. :biggrin2: Now to install the VHF, new sounder that i still haven't bought, move fuel filler cap and re do my outriggers and a few other niggling jobs here and there and I should be set for next season. :risata: