Big Blue Off Stanwell Park

Bigfella

Last wednesday went for a shark fish off Stanwell Park. Got one bait chomped but no hookup. Had to pull stumps early needed to be home at three for the kids. Decided to pull the lures for half a and run along through the burley trail. Got wacked by the under water blue missile on 24kg short rigger lumo. After he lit the after burners and did his best for a half kilometer sprint and with only a couple of hundred yards before ping time we started to chase the fish only two up. Got him to the boat on sunset with the fingers clamped round the spool in about fifty minutes. Trying to get him closer one last pump and the line broke on the double. Good fun apart from the seventy five dollars worth of terminal tackle. About 180 to 200 kgs ,thick and very healthy no birds no bait just beautiful blue looking water in 85 Fathoms. Great fun the best part of blue bites is the first run.

regards Bob.

Good work on hooking up to a nice early season blue,

shame to pop the line so close.

cheers

Steve

Would have tagged it anyway had we had time to muck around but I had my daughters formal etc needed to get back before :wife: got home ya no wat i mean?

Regards Bob

Hey there bob thats unlucky mate nothing worse than being in that positon under pressure like that two up and trying to rush aswell hahaha i had the same thing happen to me last season, i was down off jervis bay canyons when i hooked onto a blue of around 200-250kg not bad for my first blue i was using a live slimey and i was using 24kg gear i still wont forget it the size of it, the fight. I had it to the boat 4 times and the wind on comming thru the guieds 4 painfull times we were 2 up aswell and then pop after 2hrs and 20 mins of non stop pulling anyway thats what happens when you use 130lb fluro carbon trust me i have learnt the hard way thats fishing and unfortunatly a hard way to learn well better luck next time shame on loosing that lure it was a good one hehehe cheers steve.