Out Of The Hacking

RPL

Went out this morn, launched from Dolans bay, headed inside for zilch so we went out.

Did really well getting 3 squid new (PBS) and some rat kings bout 50cm so they went back all the rats were taken on squid.

Heres the pic.

post-3569-1229646138_thumb.jpg

Edited by RPL

Nice squid RPL. The one on the left looks huge! :thumbup:

What "general area" did you get the squid, if you don't want to give away the exact spot?

Did you get the rats around Jibbon? We scored a few along the cliffs from Jibbon to Marley a couple of weeks ago. They're great fun, although I'd like a keeper for a change.

Cheers

Peter

RPL,

The guy from DPI who is at yowie bay wharf every saturday surveying peoples catches told me last week that they were catching big squid around Jibbons beach. You should give that place a go.

Peter,

How many kingies did you land? Im hoping the kingies start making a decent show in the river itself soon....

Nice squid RPL. The one on the left looks huge! :thumbup:

What "general area" did you get the squid, if you don't want to give away the exact spot?

Did you get the rats around Jibbon? We scored a few along the cliffs from Jibbon to Marley a couple of weeks ago. They're great fun, although I'd like a keeper for a change.

Cheers

Peter

It is massve TBH its the biggest I have seen.

We got them around Bate bay, as in round the Jibbon heads and round towards the Bombora.

We get the the rats around there, they are fun, had 4 goes at them, Put down a live yellowtail, dead yellowtail, pilchard and a Squid, of course the squid was taken by the King as it hit the water.

RPL,

The guy from DPI who is at yowie bay wharf every saturday surveying peoples catches told me last week that they were catching big squid around Jibbons beach. You should give that place a go.

Peter,

How many kingies did you land? Im hoping the kingies start making a decent show in the river itself soon....

Ahhhh yea, I think thats because they are breeding atm, but yes he is right about that, get out there and give it a red hot go!

Hey RPL,

great squid :thumbup:

I have not seen one that big before

good job mate :biggrin2:

from fishfinder 707

Cheers

Yum, nice green eyes! :1yikes: What size squid jig did you use and what rig?

I've been playing with a patinoska rig and a squid spike in addition to casting jigs from the boat. no luck yet but I'll refine my technique/ combination. :wacko:

Leatherjacket

Hi mate, um I was flicking around a 2.5 jig and got told to put it away so I did, i put a spike out with a yellow tail through it and that took them all.

If you want good squid maybe try around the kelp beds in your local area.

Cheers.