Breamin Hawkesbury

mitch

hey raiders,

Hit the hawkesbury for a quick couple of hours yesterday with Tysan Dethridge from Full Boar Boats in search on MR Blue nose. hit a regular set of racks first up for 2 lost fish in the space of 5 mins :ranting2: one which was very heavy.

Decided to move from the racks and try a couple of banks and pontoons that loked the goods. It was slow going but we finally got into a couple of smaller Bream :hitsfan: and Tyson nailed a better fish that went 800gms. Not huge but the best we could manage for the day. Hit a couple of deeper fast running spots where we both dropped fish (more than likely due to lack of concentration caused by steady flow of cold VB we had in the onboard esky :beersmile: ).

well after getting a couple more fish but nothing big and a few more beers we decided to call it a day and head back home. One tghing that does stick in my mind was Tyson cating over a branch and the plastics tail was just sitting on the top of the water and a bream came and hit it twice before smashing it in about 1 foot of water. pretty cool.

Well it was probably one of the slowest days I have had on the Hawk but it was great fun and beats working. Until next time. No pics as there was only one nice size fish

mitch

I hear ya Mitch,

Dunno if it was you or not but I saw a Full Boar heading up Mullet Cr while we were prentending to catch Bream on one of the racks in the morning.

I think I might have also spotted David C in 'Bream it on' but not sure.

Edited by Grantm

yep that was me in bream it on .i seen the full bore boat there i was telling my mate what a smike boat it is.. that day i lost one good one on the racks using a atomic fat grub and then all we got was flat heads and my mate even cought a bloody leather jacket on a sx 40 he watched it come out and take it.. the racks up in mullet creek were very dirty coudent see much so we left .. waited for the tide to drop an we went to some other racks and it was like some one had just flicked the bream switch on with in 15min i got smashed buy some monsters and lost 3 bloody sx 40 mate i could not get there bloody heads to turn managed to get one in the boat but it was much smaller went 29cm .. but we licked our wounds and called it a day. cheers Dave c :thumbup:

yep that would have been us in the Full Boar. Nice work on the Bream that you guys did get. It was rather uqite except for about a half hour period where the bit got hot.

Will be there again pretty soon. if you see us don't hesitate to wave us over for a yarn. May be in the 5 meter next time....

Mitch