Fishing Blues Point

danfish

hi guys

i usually fish the rocks up and down the coast but my girlfriend is interested in coming fishing we me over the holidays. iv heard blues point is a safer landbased option and easily accessible? i believe theres a car park and toilets nearby.

questions

1: from what sort of structure is the fishing e.g rocks, sand, jetty?

2: what type of fish have been caught or are able to be caught if targeted?

3:landbased what sort of depth would be the water from a decent cast say on high tide?

4:is this place packed and overfished like say cliffton gardens?

5:typical rig? is it very rocky and is a float required or can you bottom fish it relatively easy without snagging?

6:is there squid to be caught there or would i look like a fool targeting them?

much appreciated for any feedback raiders

thanks

Dan

There is a carpark near by(not sure about toilets) and you walk through the park til you reach a walkway which leads to blues point.

One thing to keep in mind there is no where to place your rods so it may be ideal to bring rod holders.

For pelagics I would fish floats and launch out a livie on the bottom for a jew.

Wish you all the best and looking forward to seeing the reports to come! :thumbup:

G'day danfish! Mate might be better to try a bit farther down at Balls Head.Parking and toilets. You get all the usual suspects :1fishing1: .Nice deep water in close. I fact the chanel marker on the westen point is the deepest spot in the harbour :thumbup: . Look for the foot track on the southern side and walk along till you find a spot.( last time I was there the track was a bit rough in spots but nothing bad. Just watch yur step)Should suit all requirements. :biggrin2:

hey dan how was it at blues point or u haven been yet?

I was also planning to go here after so much failure at clifton gardens. ALso I dislike clifton because theres just so many people fishing. Hows blue point? is it also packed with people?

tried this place the other night. The water there is so deep it really freaked me out. My sinker would be taking line for a solid minute i swear.

Tried using SPs... no idea how to even work them in a place like blues point.

At the end of the night i think i hooked onto a huge squid. Ended up snapping my 15lb mono after (i think) he latched onto some rocks. Shame, cos it was really pumping hard for a lot of the time :(

Any idea if the seaweed infront of the breakwalls is any good for squid?

Hi hc88 I doubt whatever snapped your line was a squid possibly an oci or just a huge chunk off seaweed and a really strong current I have to giv blues point a try myself and get away from the hacking

A.dawg~~~

maybe oci, or maybe it just rubbed me off on rocks.

Pretty sure it was something alive and with tentacles. I could feel the pump they give when they're squirting water out of their mantles to try and flee.

Still hurting over that one.