Mona Vale Blackfish

luderick59

thought i would have a fish off the rocks before the southerly hits with 2mates

ended up with 4 and they got 6 between them plus a drummer just under a kilo also caught about4 or 5 black trevelly just under a kilo which we let go as we all have been spiked by them before

i know they are classed as a good eating fish but the pain of being spiked is hard to forget

peter :1fishing1:

post-4997-1230011634_thumb.jpg

Edited by luderick59

Well done Peter! I was just wondering how you were going with the blackies!! :1prop: Nice looking fish, too! I have never seen a black trevally/happy moment bigger than my open hand! Bet you were careful not to get spiked by a fully grown one! :1yikes: I was spiked by a small one & it was agony!

CHeerio for now

ROberta

Thats looks fat and juicy Good work :thumbup:

I've never targeted blackfish specifically but have caught them as a by-catch and they dont taste that good but My question is why do people cut the blackfishes head at the top???

A.dawg~~~

A.dawg

i keep them alive until ive finished fishing in a keeper net that cut kills them and bleeds them as i clean them

salmon hunter

we had 4or 5 in 3hrs of fishing seem to be around this time of year on most rock spots when fishing for blackies

peter :1fishing1:

Hey Pete,

I should of called you!.

Sorry for being AWOL lately, just other stuff going on.

I drove up to Whale yesterday but it was like a Tsunami there, and was actually gonna swing by MV but decided to go to Narra Lake for a couple of hours from about 1pm to 4pm. Got a couple of small Blackies on weed, they weren't interested in cabbage at all. Lake seems ok though, plenty of Whiting, Mullet, and baitfish around.

I'll PM you later on.

Thats looks fat and juicy Good work :thumbup:

I've never targeted blackfish specifically but have caught them as a by-catch and they dont taste that good but My question is why do people cut the blackfishes head at the top???

A.dawg~~~

Hi A.dawg,

That was to bleed them so it taste nice when you eat them. And the cut is Roberta's signature cut. I am pretty sure that Roberta started that.

And those fish looks really healthy, well done....

Littledinghy