Best General Purpose Combo For Under $100...

sc0pe

Hi guys,

Im starting to take more and more mates fishing these days, and im over them bringing their 10yo ***** clearance bin rods and reels that are totally unsuitable for the task at all.

Im looking to get say 4 combos all the same, for a mix of fishing styles.

That could be off the rocks for drummer, drifting for flattys out of a boat, snapper off shore and small reef bashing, bait fishing for carp, general estuary land based etc etc.

I know i wont find a perfect combo to do all the above, but its more about an all rounder and compromise, then outright suitability.

Im thinking along the lines of a 7 foot rod, and a qualityish 3500 size reel, and ide like to keep the combo under $100 generally as i wont be using them very often myself, and that they are mainly for friends and family. that said, ide rather put more emphasis on a decent reel, then the rod. my reason behind this is ease of cleaning, and the simple feel that is povided by a better quality reel, whereas on the budget side of things the rod itself is less of a factor. Immediately, i think of something like a penn spinfisher, and say an uglystik rod, for durability sake, but ide like to leave it open for suggestions for u guys that are more in the know.

What would you guys look at? web links greatly appreciative, as Ive been looking myself, and ready to grab something in the next week or so.

Cheers, Dan

for a 100 bucks you can get a penn slammer 360 matched to a penn powerspin 7 foot rod . comes with terminals to boot. try finding a penn slammer anywhere for under 150 - 200 on its own. its a bit of a light setup though, more suited to bream and flatties.

hope it helps.

Edited by Jewhunter

for a 100 bucks you can get a penn slammer 360 matched to a penn powerspin 7 foot rod . comes with terminals to boot. try finding a penn slammer anywhere for under 150 - 200 on its own. its a bit of a light setup though, more suited to bream and flatties.

hope it helps.

apparently i named an unmentionable shop in my previous post. pm me if your interested in details.

apologies to admin.

cheers.