Kings Galore

abiasin

Hi All,

went out from botany bay with a mate of mine on tuesday to get away for a few hours and managed to score plenty of rats ranging from 30cm to 60cm. all up we boated about 42 fish in a 3 hr session all on soft plastics.

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2464.jpg

Cheers,

Adrian.

Edited by The Mistress

Well done on your catch. Would have been an exciting 3 hrs.

Being somewhat of a novice to kings, can you advise on:

1. Best setup - gear; line/ leader, etc

2. Plastics vs bait (what plastics - eg: 5 inch or 7 inch nuclear chicken; jig heads, rod, reel, etc), and if bait - what's best (eg: live squid vs other).

3. Location - preferably in the bay

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doggers

Edited by Doggers

Well done on your catch. Would have been an exciting 3 hrs.

Being somewhat of a novice to kings, can you advise on:

1. Best setup - gear; line/ leader, etc

2. Plastics vs bait (what plastics - eg: 5 inch or 7 inch nuclear chicken; jig heads, rod, reel, etc), and if bait - what's best (eg: live squid vs other).

3. Location - preferably in the bay

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doggers

hey mate, to be honest the kings would have smashed anything the other day i think. we were using 2-5kg and 5-10 kg flick sticks with 15lb braid. the jigheads were 3/4oz and a big hook with 7" and 9" plastics in hope of a larger specimen.

seeing it was late arvo we couldnt be bothered with livies so tried our luck with plastics only and got lucky i guess. never had a session even close to that one.

Cheers,

Adrian.

hey mate, to be honest the kings would have smashed anything the other day i think. we were using 2-5kg and 5-10 kg flick sticks with 15lb braid. the jigheads were 3/4oz and a big hook with 7" and 9" plastics in hope of a larger specimen.

seeing it was late arvo we couldnt be bothered with livies so tried our luck with plastics only and got lucky i guess. never had a session even close to that one.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Thanks Adrian. Sounds like I need to spend more time in the water. What a hassle :thumbup:

Any suggestions of location within the Bay? Have heard Bare Island is good for squid, so could start there for fresh bait. Always have reliable plastics on hand.

Dave

Been doing the same all week.

Saw you out there a few times

we have caught heaps of rats with only a couple of keepers.

At least we are getting out there and having fun.

And its good practice for when the bigger kings and dollies turn up

Robm

I guess it would be too much to ask 'where' all this action takes place; or rather, what signs I need to consider where Kings hang out?

mate you need to find structure and bait and the kings wont be far away. the headlands have both on offer so give that a go. i struggle to find live bait in the bay lately but have had sucess near the heads on yakkas and slimies.

hopefully ill be out there again on saturday to get some larger specimens.

good luck doggers and i am sure youll get on to them soon.

Cheer,

Adrian.

the inner botany FAD went very quite yesterday and nothing at the far one.

the rats were hitting hard in the morning but when we went back around lunchtime they were very quite.

We picked up a few nice reef fish at the peak and 12 mile

Noticed on SST today that the warmer currents are just south of port stephens so hopefully we will be into the good stuff soon.

BTW

spoke with the DPI yesterday when they came to inspect my catch at the peak and he advised they will be continuing a blitz on undersize fish especially kingies.

He siad he caught a guy on monday with 13 undersize kingies !!!

good news for us fair dinkum fishos.

Rob

Damn right. Was in Bay the other day and someone pulled a small rat in. He must have kept it and another fisho went off at him. I was cherrin him on for that.

There were so many tools out last sunday - no respect what so ever.

Anyways, on the water at 5am tomorrow, so will look forward to some good results.

doggers

Thanks. I certainly don't tire of trying. I'm looking forward to the kingy social. hopefully will learn a thing or two then.

fish well.