Only Getting Kings On One Rod?

tentonner

Gday raiders

I have a question for the many fishing gurus among fishraider. Lately I have been going out in MH targeting the abundant kings in the harbour with some success by my standards. The thing that gets me every time however is that I usually have three rods out and every king i have caught has been on this same rod while the other two rods never even got a nibble. The rod that always gets them is a Shimano Rack Raider that 6'6 1Piece and rated 3-5KG loaded with 10 lb fireline and a fluoro leader. The two that never catch kings are a Daiwa Heartland which is 7'0 and has 10lb platil braid and fluoro leader and the other is an older Daiwa loaded with 15lb Platil Braid and again a fluoro leader.

Is it to do with the action of the rod or what? I can't work it out

Edited by tentonner

I don't know the answer to this but it happens to me as well, they always grab the 20lb outfit over the 30-50lb ones. I've had days where i've caught 5 or 6 kings and a shark all on the same outfit and the others haven't been touched. I don't think it can be that much of a coincidence so it has to be something that is putting them off with the other lines whether it be colour, presentation or type of line???

Anybody know more about why this happens?

Cheers

Josh

One obvious choice for further investigation would be your line. One with Kingies attached seems to be the odd one out. Perhaps change one of the other rods over to some 10lb fireline & let us know what happens.

Of course it could be the action each rod applies to the line & thus bait. If all rods are left in a holder & there is no human intervention on a particular one over the others then perhaps the Rack Raider has an action that transfers a more desirable responce in your bait presentation that the other rods do.

Another possibility is simply that you favour that rod & even though you don't realise it you pay it more attention. This could again transfer a desirable action to your bait.

Or, it could be mumbo jumbo & hoccus poochus that has rendered your rods in a non performance position. :1prop:

Edited by Boofhead

Yeah, I reckon it's just like the theories you hear like "squid jump all over my pink jig and not so much the others", usually on closer analysis it's just that the pink jig is used more, or with more confidence and therefore more attention etc and catches more.

You're brave using such light outfits. Ever tried tackling the big ones on those?

I find the same when fishing for Jews, usually only a few rods out of a stack are the ones that will get the fish, i feel it is the way they are set up and nothing more, that is the reel,rod, line and trace.

I think you better go and buy 3 of that same combo :1prop:

Got a $400 rod with a stradic with 6lb fluorocarbon and my brothers crappy jarvis walker for bream when i go fishing i dont bother taking the good rod out anymore never catch nd bream on it while the jarvis walker catches a feed off bream every they have the same trace hook

A.dawg~~~

Yeah, I reckon it's just like the theories you hear like "squid jump all over my pink jig and not so much the others", usually on closer analysis it's just that the pink jig is used more, or with more confidence and therefore more attention etc and catches more.

You're brave using such light outfits. Ever tried tackling the big ones on those?

King Slayer, I'm only quite new to targeting kings and started out using 20-30lb outfits predominantly but I would never get a hit so at the moment i'm happy using the light outfits as 90% of what I catch are rats anyway. And it's great fun on the light gear as well but I know what you mean cos I have been busted a few times by what would've been great fish - just happy to be catching rats at the moment