Brisbane Waters

PANOOCH_1

Heyy

I am going up to Brisbane Waters on Friday and i was wondering if the fish are biting there at the moment?. Also where is a good boat ramp and where would i be able to catch live bait such as nippers and worms. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Panooch :biggrin2:

Edited by PANOOCH_1

Hi Panooch,

Its been pretty quiet round here lately, For livies from Woy Woy head down the channel to little BoxHead and take a left towards Big Box Head and there is a spot called iron ladders, The point on the Western Side holds good schools of Yakkas and the occasional slimey just sound them out and you won't have any dramas. If you are heading south, west head to the south western side of Lion Island also has plenty of Yakkas and the Occasional Squid.

We had a fun day last week targeting hammerheads as there wasn't to many decent fish around. Outside there was heaps of Yakka Schools on the surface with nothing chasing them. So we caught 4 extra large yakkas and put them out under balloons. Hooked three Hammerheads but were busted off after good fights then landed a 14kg Bronze Whaler. Just an idea if you also get bored waiting for the decent fish to bite.

Good Luck

Nathan.

Ps.

Thats Woy Woy Lions Park Boat ramp in my Avatar. Don't Use Blackwall Lions Park Is much Safer more people around.

ill be up there sunday fishing off my uncles private wharf.... might see you!

rats are small kingfish.

hey

what have you caught there in the past?

good experience up there in the past?

ive never been there so hopefully it will be good and decent fish are around

thanks

cheers

Panooch

hey

what have you caught there in the past?

good experience up there in the past?

ive never been there so hopefully it will be good and decent fish are around

thanks

cheers

Panooch

Flatties and Bream are the main target species in BW but i think they are overfished, flatties in particular, around the racks and shallow drop offs have been good for me in the past.

There are heaps of good spots on BW. I have to agree tho the fishin has been slow the last month, think the water temp is colder than usual, I think.

We had a good run of whiting at the top of paddys channel near the saratoga sand flats, where the current runs over the weeds. There seem to be a lot in the system. I've never had any luck in Paddys channel other than lil squires.

Even on the run out tide near the moored boats south of the rip bridge on the eastern, Daileys Point side. I chucked out a big bait on one side into the deeper water, and out towards the boats for whiting, was good fun.

My favourite spot has to be Ettalong sandflats, anchoring up on the edge of the flat on a runout tide, chuckin out Sp, popper, bait onto the sandflat, and letting it drift over the edge into the dropoff, no luck try again.

I agree with the little bay out past Little Box Head for bait, even trolling around from box head back to the markers, good chance for tailor, garfish.

I was talkin to a bloke who was fishin the Punt bridge at just after East Gosford, and he was pickin up Estuary Perch and Bream.

Luffy...

G'day, I spent a lot of time on Brisbane Waters when I lived at Saratoga, I reckon the 2 best spots I found were just on the northern side of the St Huberts Island Bridge, any where along the island side of the channel, best on a run in tide, and the other spot is the short channel between the bensville broadwater and the Kincumber broadwater, it was always good for Flathead and bream. Good luck, it gets a bit busy up there.

I live on the Gosford side and the only place to fish there is the Rail bridge, everyhere else is dead quiet... I normally hit the sand flats with poppers and SPs for good whiting and Flathead... Also pumping nippers will 100% increase your catch.. I hope for it to get better this month. but yes it has been hard. Hence why Bass has been my main target.

As Luffy said Punt bridge is good but overcrowded at times, I have also got Eps and Bream there.

At this point Sand flats are the key... and don't overlook water under a foot deep. I got a 41cm whiting last week in water like this on a nipper and with the sun high at 2pm.

Edited by high_speed_metal

I live on the Gosford side and the only place to fish there is the Rail bridge, everyhere else is dead quiet... I normally hit the sand flats with poppers and SPs for good whiting and Flathead... Also pumping nippers will 100% increase your catch.. I hope for it to get better this month. but yes it has been hard. Hence why Bass has been my main target.

As Luffy said Punt bridge is good but overcrowded at times, I have also got Eps and Bream there.

At this point Sand flats are the key... and don't overlook water under a foot deep. I got a 41cm whiting last week in water like this on a nipper and with the sun high at 2pm.

ok thanks for the advice

Cheers Panooch

what abot box head

Gotten bait there quite a few times before, have never had a problem getting them. Just get a burley trail going and they should be there in minutes. Generally i find they are big yakkas up around 25-30cm which can be a bit of fun in their own but sometimes you find slimies there as well but normally <20cm.

Cheers

Josh

For me i might be a bit different, since been a private wharf ... do get the occainsal bass boat come up and flick lures .... apart from that i get plenty of bream, whiting and jews at night..... lots of crabs ... mind you this is a VERYYYY weedy territory.. so ill be trying for squid aswell..

hey dude just came back from Killcare

we fished in hardy's bay on a public wharf

plenty of little fish

my mate and i bagged a 55cm flathead n a decent octopus using mullet fillets

i think its part of brisbane waters..

Alex

Also fished killcare this arvo, pumped my nippers got 2 whiting and thought I was going to get flattened by the storm so I was only there for half an hour, come back to Gosford end for little bream and that's it.