Georges River - Bream - Jan 06

majed1965

While enjoying my time off from work and the great warm weather, decided to hit my favourite spots again on the Georges River with my dad.

At the boat ramp at 5am, warm weather, calm waters and wonderful early morning scenery has hopefully set the fishing day in good stead.

A bit slow the first hour with only little bites.....at about 6:30am the bites started to get bigger and more aggressive.

Beauty, hooked up a nice 35cm bream......great first up fish....

More and more bites but no hook ups....noticed another boat about 50 metres away also hooking up a couple of nice bream..A short time later i am on again...just as we were about to net another big bream, the hook came off the line....

Next cast dad is on too....again lost the hook near the boat... i don't know what i am doing wrong with the 7 loop uni knot recently...

A short time later i hook a 25 cm bream.....lots more small throwback breams hooked hup throughout the morning.

Just before we are to call it a day, another 34cm monster bream is hooked and netted..you beauty...

10:00am called it a day and headed off home...

post-1461-1231216695_thumb.jpg

Beaut feed of bream there, well done.

Look like they're ready to be popped in the oven :thumbup:

Bit of butter, slice of lemon or two, cracked pepper and some garlic. Wrapped in foil - hey presto!

My mouth is watering now.

What bait were you using? And what size and type of hook.

Cheers

Mariner

Beaut feed of bream there, well done.

Look like they're ready to be popped in the oven :thumbup:

Bit of butter, slice of lemon or two, cracked pepper and some garlic. Wrapped in foil - hey presto!

My mouth is watering now.

What bait were you using? And what size and type of hook.

Cheers

Mariner

Was using peeled prawns and chicken breasts. Long shank hook was used. (not sure of size in number, but it was a small type hook.

Edited by Majed

Was using peeled prawns and chicken breasts. Long shank hook was used. (not sure of size in number, but it was a small type hook.

Not sure what others use when bait fishing but I always use a 1/0 suicide when fishing for bream. I only use a long shank when targetting flatties.

Try this link for some more knots that make help you.

http://www.rexhunt.com.au/fishing-tips-knots

Cheers

Mariner

Edited by Mariner 31