Around Broken Bay

Dhutchy

Hiya Raiders, I am taking the :wife: out early tomorrow, hoping to catch something of reasonable size to make her :1prop: . Can anyone report on any decent action, no X spots needed, in and around Broken Bay/Barrenjoey.

Rgds and Thanks

Dhutchy

Its not just about catching fish but it helps

have'nt fished it lately but try a troll around the point for tailor and if you pick up a few then send one out live for a big hoody

abit off berly will keep the tailor bighting and then the kings will show up not in big numbers but there usuly a few big hoodys hanging around the north side off the point

if that fails try a drift from just inside pittwater to the joey point for flatthead and as you drift past the bommy chuck a sp behind the bommy, with the out going tide this could be a good option

hope you get the cook a feed cherrs gary

have'nt fished it lately but try a troll around the point for tailor and if you pick up a few then send one out live for a big hoody

abit off berly will keep the tailor bighting and then the kings will show up not in big numbers but there usuly a few big hoodys hanging around the north side off the point

if that fails try a drift from just inside pittwater to the joey point for flatthead and as you drift past the bommy chuck a sp behind the bommy, with the out going tide this could be a good option

hope you get the cook a feed cherrs gary

Hey Gary, Thanks for the tips... Our day started well... Kids minded at GrandParents, on the water about 5:00am, no problems catching heaps of yakkas, and then went searching for something of decent size. North of Barrenjoey, nothing but a huge bite out of one of the lives. West of Barrenjoey in close, a couple of ugly red rock cods. North of Lion's Island nothing. South of Lion's a couple of barely legal Flatties.

I reckon we must have been doing something wrong... Maybe all the decent fish were at the Kingfish social.

But the day on the water was great and we had good fun.

Rgds and many thanks

Dhutchy and Mrs Dhutchy

It isn't just about catching fish, but it helps.

i would say you did well on the day mate with a se wind and the b/pressure right up and holding it was always going to be tuff

i fished 12 hours straight from 12 am to 12 pm for a bango and little under size fish

then when the sun came up i got 1 rat at the social and under size reds

as you said still a good day on the water

cherrs gary