Great Day Out On Botany Bay

cruisecraft

Hi fellow raiders,

Pommy Ben took me out on BB today in his 18 ft half cabin. Launched from St George motor club at 6am and anchored at the 3rd runway. We burleyed up and fished for bream and the rat kings that have been hanging around the area. Scored plenty of breams but only kept 4. Boated one rat king on 6lb fireline on a gulp worm that was taken on the drop. Nippers accounted for the breams.

With the tide change we headed for live yakka gathering, this was really difficult today. We could see the yellow tails but there was just as many juvenille sweep amongst the "ball of fish" fighting for the food in the burley trail.In the end we only had 1 yakka and a pike and left for Molineaux Point 400m away.

As expected Molineaux Pt was a car park today. There was very little action, so we headed for the drums.

At the drums there was heaps of good size trevs and rat kings. These were all scored on pillies on 6lb fireline. It was a lot of fun, especially Ben's king which went 60cm and took ~25 mins to boat.

In the end we took home 4 breams and 8 trevs. It was a top day on the water. Thanks Ben.

post-2393-1232279208_thumb.jpg

a pleased cruisecraft

post-2393-1232279279_thumb.jpg

a very happy Pommy Ben

:wife:

Well done fellas you got yourself a good feed and had some fun as well :thumbup:

penguin

Hi Kit

thanks for the pliers they are a lot better than the old ones you didnt need to do that mate.

Glad you had a good day not the biggest kings but great fun on the bream gear. The kids myself and Danielle enjoyed the bream and the trevs very under rated fish just have to dispose correct and bleed ice slurry dont over cook mate you cant beat them. Try in beer batter unreel Dont forget to remove blood line. Look forward to getting out with you again watch out for those ocys kit you might need six foot pliers to remove hook next time. Nasty beasts those flying blood sucking ocys ive never seen anyone jump so quick.

cheers pommie ben

:wife:

Hi Kit

thanks for the pliers they are a lot better than the old ones you didnt need to do that mate.

Glad you had a good day not the biggest kings but great fun on the bream gear. The kids myself and Danielle enjoyed the bream and the trevs very under rated fish just have to dispose correct and bleed ice slurry dont over cook mate you cant beat them. Try in beer batter unreel Dont forget to remove blood line. Look forward to getting out with you again watch out for those ocys kit you might need six foot pliers to remove hook next time. Nasty beasts those flying blood sucking ocys ive never seen anyone jump so quick.

cheers pommie ben

Ben

In your considered opinion, do you think if I might have occy phobia? I couldn't get that bloody occy off fast enough when it made a grab for my hands. Of course the pliers flew out of my hands when I flicked the bloody thing off and everything went into the drink. How does one "neutralise" these monsters of the deep?

Regards Kit