Who Is Coming To Taree?

IWANNABROCK

I plan on popping over to see the action ....... what time will weighin be??

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta

Weigh in starts from 2pm each day. Im heading up Thursday arvo so i can get on the water early Friday for a prefish. Dont know whats going on in that river any raiders local up there ?

cheers

Rich

Not many in Taree other than Iwannajewy ... I am at Forster but haven't fished up there yet! :( There are a couple of other Forster/Tuncurry members but not overly active on the forum.

Good luck!! Are you a boater or non boater??

Roberta

The river is looking ok,but they are forecasting strong winds and possible rain and chance of storms. there is apparently 58 boats registered so far. havent heard of any big thumpers being caught lately.better off towards manning point end of the river for better fish,the racks just in the mouth at Harrington along the manning point side of the entrance. not very deep,sand bar visible on run out tide.about 20 minute run at most in a quick boat from Taree.

Also forgot,a 1.6 bullshark was caught at Croki last week,keep fingers and toes out of water.

Hi all

Popped over to Taree to catch up with the ABT bream guys ..... met up with iceman and Snag - really tough day on the water. Lots of surface action, tho ....... for some!

Stinking hot (must have been 40 degrees, easy!) Lots of doughnuts, even more with less than 3 fish & probably only 20 (I am only guessing here, out of the 60 boaters & 55 non boaters) with full 5 fish bags.

I'll let them tell their tales, when the whole show is over tomorrow ..... btu Chris Wright was leading with 2.85kg with Russell Babekuhel snapping at his heels with 2.80kg!!

Didn't meet up with Iwannajewy ..... maybe tomorrow!? I still hope to be there for the final!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,I went down for a look in arvo,was too hot to be down there all day,stayed at home in a/c most of the day,I will be back down on Sunday for the weigh in,will get :wife: jewy to take pictures. any photos of icemans or snags boat so I know who to look for?

Hi IWJ

No!! :( THought about it then forgot!! :wacko: We'll get some today!! I'll have my topless hat on tho! :1prop:

We saw some heavy rain skirting Taree towards the end of the weigh in yesterday, but luckily it held off till everyone had basically packed up, howver, there was a mini cyclone that hit the area about 2-3pm on the highway/Lakesway intersection! Driving home, I was bloody glad I wasn't on the road when it hit! Trees down, branches & leaf litter all over the road & highway. We had a great thunder & lightening show last night, with some solid rain. Looks like the north will be copping it for the next week or so! :wacko:

Much cooler today, even with light drizzle. The boys should be happier.

Cheerio

Roberta

A young Forster competitor (first time in the ABT as a non boater) drew Chris Wright as his boater ....... & got a doughnut, :ranting2: losing more than $100 worth of lures in the process!! However, Slick commended him on his netting abilities tho ..... he got lots of practise, netting Slick's fish all day - he got his 5 & upgraded a few times!! It'll be tight today!!

Much more pleasant conditions for the competitors today,but it was just as hard fishing. Still a few doughnuts .... 16 yesterday but only 11 today! Lots of fish caught on surface lures again today, but the bigger fish came from the racks, I think. The big kicker bream came in at 1.32kg! :1yikes:

Final Top Three were

1. Adam Ward 5.17kg

2. Chris Wright 4.86kg

3. Tim Morgan 4.50kg

Local Forster man, John Startin (who won the boating package last year at the Forster Fishing Carnival) came in 7th with 4.16kg in the boaters section. His son Beau came 10th in the Non Boaters section, which is pretty good, considering he had a 'doughnut' yesterday!!! Amazing, really - he is only a teenager, about 15-16 I reckon, but is recovering well from a major motorbike accident last year, where he broke both arms, broke his leg in 3 parts, massive facial injuries & god know what else! He is one Spunky Kid!! I dips my lid to him!

Met up with Iwannajewy & Snag & Iceman again - had some pics taken of the 4 of us, so look forward to seeing them! :) Didn't get to meet Rich P :(

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Small world. :biggrin2:

Your Uncle Garry was our local butcher and Wayne used to supply my dad with greyhounds and sometimes train them.

At one stage we also lived next door to Waynes' inlaws. :biggrin2:

Uncle Garry used to work in the butchers at Cundletown I think,(may have been other side of town) it was when I was a boy,I was to young to remember uncle Wayne with greyhounds,he lives at Coffs harbour now,Garry works at the RSL on the front desk.

Uncle Garry used to work in the butchers at Cundletown I think,(may have been other side of town) it was when I was a boy,I was to young to remember uncle Wayne with greyhounds,he lives at Coffs harbour now,Garry works at the RSL on the front desk.

Yep, Garry worked and owned the butcher shop. It was opposite the paper shop, Dumeresq Island turn off.

I was in about 5th grade at Cundletown Primary, late 70s' I think.

That was after going to Croki Public and then Ghinni Ghinni Public but before going to Chatham High. :wacko:

that shop was pretty much behind my nans house at the time,she lived opposite the swimming pool on river street I think it was called.spent many a holiday at the pooll,cost about 20cents for the day swimming including going home for lunch and back again.