Georges River Bad Fishing

A.dawg

Anyone finding the georges hard to fish for bream and jewies lately I think it the moon phase but was out the 3 times this weeks today for 6 hours with nothing but undesrsized tailor and tailor chopping my live squid within seconds off landing in the water havnt even caught a legal bream on anything from fresh pillies to servo pillies fresh squid hawksburry prawns and not even live prawns Gunna giv up the georges after 1 more outting with no fish and get back to the old trusty hacking

A.dawg~~~

......Anyone finding the georges hard to fish for bream and jewies lately ........havnt even caught a legal bream on anything from fresh pillies to servo pillies fresh squid hawksburry prawns and not even live prawns Gunna giv up the georges after 1 more outting with no fish and get back to the old trusty hacking.......

A.dawg~~~

Hi A dawg, I know how you feel about the Georges when you look at the good results in other areas lately and your own results in the Hacking....... The Georges fishes well in certain spots but generally takes a lot of moving around during a session to find out where the fish are in the most numbers on the day..... as that is where all the species tend to hang around together, and after all that's what we are all hoping for, including catching an abundance of whatever fish we are fishing for, rather than putting in too much hard work when it might not have been necessary.......

I have had to cancel quite a few Georges sessions lately among others only because I need a little more help because of the state of my back.

I have been getting ready to do something in the Georges for a while now, something that I used to do when I was younger..... and that is to fish away in general for the take home fish and have the jew rods out behind me regardless of not fishing in over deepwater...... I am going back to fishing this way in the daytime especially now that I have seen jewfish results on soft plastics in the day time in the upper Georges and my own soft plastic result in the Hawkesbury shallows while using soft plastics for flathead with a deep point behind me. I also got hold of a good soft plastics supply for bream and flathead after getting advice from the members. We like flathead and whiting at home but will use worms for our whiting.

Basically I want to check for the right little alcove between two points where burley would be taken in by the flow, either to the sides or to the end of that alcove......... I virtually want to use a helluva a lot of burley to muster the whole pecking order into the one area and keep the burley going constantly with a back wash running out of the back of my boat which I am in the process of setting up now and will also be fishing thos way around Mainbar but only at night.

I've fished the Georges a lot with Cungee George, an old friend of mine outside of Fishraider who lives at Illawong.... we had to cancel today as his boat wasn't available. If you have room some time for George and myself and want to try some different fishing during the day just let me know and we'll fish the Georges first.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: