Hawkesbury Bass'n

Had a good time up at the Hawkesbury last night. Only managed a couple of fish, was hard going but they were a good size for river fish. Here's one at 33 to the fork caught on a black foam bug I tied, nothing flash, but they seemed to like it. Fish fought well and took some line as well.

cheers

Guest MarkD

Nice work ken, Im going for a Bass session over Easter upriver on the Wyong hope I can get a couple like yours...

I know Andrew, those reports you have posted lately have been fantastic and believe me, I would like to get there right now if I could. If anything, reading your reports is tortuous for us time constrained fishos. I might be able to get down there on Saturday if I'm good to the Mrs this week.

cheers

Nice one, have not yet pulled out a fly rod (scared of extra tackle purchase costs :1yikes: ) but i imagine tha bass would go off on some light fly gear!

I have never fished below the Nepean (Yarramundi) for Bass, is the hawksberry all tidal in the freshwater reaches?

cheers

Chris

Chris,

the Hawkesbury is tidal and the current can really rush at times. I like to fish the Nepean as well, probably prefer it over the Hawkesbury, although they are both good. Both have skiers though which is a big pain the in backside. But on a balmy afternoon or getting there early before day break when it is just you and the fish on calm waters, they are both great places to be. Surface fishing on fly gear is just fantastic. If you can, give it a try.