Super Glue

zrealist

One of the rings on my fishing telescopic rod came loose after the last trip on the hawkesbury, so I decided to superglue it back on.

However, I've applied too much super glue and the overflow reached the retractable section of the rod, and now one section of the rod can not be retracted.

If there any way I can dissolve the super glue so the rod works again?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Look at model aircraft hooby websites as they use it and have a clean up liquid. Like all cheap superglues they are brittle so if you can get even the slightest flex where it is it will simply let go - hopefully before something else breaks. It is also suseptable to temp changes as I have seen it made more brittle by using liquid gas then warm water in a different situation.. Unless it bonded perfectly it won't like hot water immersion a whole lot unless you used a good quality one - couple of days??.

• 3 weeks later...

Acetone is available in all hardware stores and is the same chemical as nail polish remover. Be carefull not to leave it on the rod for too long(ie dont soak it) as it could eat into the paint or fibreglass of the rod.

Cheers,

Ken