Georges River Last Night

shakeel

Just got home from picnic point GR - i spent 3 hours there. Heard the damn mullets jumping in the dozens for hours!

Didn't catch any mullet - i took the advice of a.dawg and used a small hook with no sinkers and let the current take my small bread.

i also berleyed hard - had fish magnet nuggest and tuna oil in a small berley cage ... nothing!!

only managed to catch this small triangle fish with yellow fins.. no idea what it is...

my setup was - one hook(prawn) connected to a hook swivle (line) then 30 cm's and another hook with bread dipped in tuna oil sometimes and not the others.

Then i had my floater about 50 cm more up.

mullet are impossible to catch!!!!!!!!

didn't find ANY whiting :(

hey mate ! where you the bloke who anchored near lugarno seafood restaurent around 10 -11 pm ? did you have rods with glowsticks all over them ?

lurgarno restaurent? no not me champ, i don't use glow in the darks - they scare the fish imo!

are you going for poddies? The first time i ever went fishing at east hills i landed 17 poddies, second time 9, all at east hills, seems like all of us live/fish around picnic point/east hills, maybe a meet up one day :1prop:

That triangle fish is one off those mono things theres heaps in the water system atm but nothing decent in the georges... Give port hacking a go Wally's wharf bream, flathead, squid , yellowtail and mullet...

I lost my rod and reel at captain cooks T.T my jewwies combo gone anyone seen it???

A.dawg~~~

That triangle fish is one off those mono things theres heaps in the water system atm but nothing decent in the georges... Give port hacking a go Wally's wharf bream, flathead, squid , yellowtail and mullet...

I lost my rod and reel at captain cooks T.T my jewwies combo gone anyone seen it???

A.dawg~~~

Is the triangle fish the same as the one in this pic?

post-9568-1233285604_thumb.jpg

Caught last night never seen one before?

Cheers,

Simmo

looks like a Butter Bream, Simmo

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks Hodgey :thumbup: I was thinking a dartfish of some kind but ur probably right.

and cheers A.dawg, we caught those squid using that milk crate to scoop them up :074:

Cheers,

Simmo

Monodactylus argenteus. Check DPI's description here.

Also known as silver batfish, silver moody, mono or diamondfish.

Cheers.

Yeah definitely that one! A.dawg was right! If u guys are so good at identification help me with my aquarium post!!!

:074: love ur avatar btw hilarious :074:

Cheers,

Simmo

A.dawg~~~

I wouldnt say theres nothing decent, on the 19th, landed a 37 and 33cm bream

post-6576-1233322729_thumb.jpg

yes! that's the one the mono!

looks like port hacking it is!

i couldn't catch poddies because they were jumping too much.... :wife::ranting2:

i want to try out botony

lurgarno restaurent? no not me champ, i don't use glow in the darks - they scare the fish imo!

i envy you!

tell me all your fishing secrets! loL

but seriously, how do you do it?