Repairs To A Jocky Wheel

Geoff

Over the years the jocky wheel has rec a few dunkings in salt water & whilst I give it a wash with fresh water & keep the oil up to it the time has come to strip it down & give it a good clean.

Not sure how to dismantle the unit. There is a cotter pin at the top , ( see pic) . Is is simply removing the pin & the inner shaft slides out or is there more to it than that.

It's a standard AL-KO jocky wheel

Would appreiciate your advice

Tks

Geoff

post-731-1233352431_thumb.jpg

post-731-1233352463_thumb.jpg

you have hit the nail on the head and that's how it's done

the head is die cast and they break pritty easy so you need a vice and some cardboard in the jaws

i fine pin punch is the tool you need may be give it a spray of wd40 and leave overnight before you give it a wack

cherrs gary

you have hit the nail on the head and that's how it's done

the head is die cast and they break pritty easy so you need a vice and some cardboard in the jaws

i fine pin punch is the tool you need may be give it a spray of wd40 and leave overnight before you give it a wack

cherrs gary

Gary tks for your quick response. Knocked out the pin , cleaned the spline , regreased & now back together , good as new.

Now I have to clean the pool before the kids arrive , rather be working on boats , more fun

Geoff