Double Trouble!

Hodgey

G'Day all,

Just a quick report. Drifted the flats for the first hour or so this morning and didn't land a scale. Relocated to spot 'x' which is only about 30metres long. 1st cast with the 5" Shad in Sweet n Sour and I am on. It swims past the boat and looks like a reasonable fish. I suggest to Dene to continue casting in the same location, otherwise we would drift over any fish that may be there and spook them. After a brief struggle, I had the fish beside the boat, and Dene netted it. He passed me the net and cast again.

While I am trying to extricate the fish from the net, the unmistakable singing of a drag could be heard over my shoulder. :1yikes: All care and finesse now goes out the window! :074:

Grab the pliers, and unhook 'head spike' from the net.

Place fish on the floor and move my rod behind me

Dart up the front of the boat, grab a big towel, throw it over the side until it is saturated and lay it on the fish.

Cut jighead from trousers, grab the net ... and land Dene's fish, which makes mine look like a pup :1prop: What a great pair of fish to have lying on the floor at one time!! Both fish photographed, measured and released to be caught another day. 65cm and 74cm ... doesn't 9cm make a hell of a difference! (Yes, Dene's was held forward a little, to catch the sun on its brilliant markings)

post-3198-1233966026_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1233966899_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1233966098_thumb.jpg

Well, there you go. I promise not to bore you with weekly reports anymore, unless we catch something that is noteworthy. I will post again at the end of Feb to give you a run down on how we went. Best of luck on the water, Raiders :yahoo:

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day Hodgey

Mate ya smashing the crocs down that way at the moment, well done!

The estuary reports have been a little slow at the moment, keep putting them up as I love reading your quality and the pix are always of high standards!

Greg

..... unless we catch something that is noteworthy.......

Hehe!!! All your catches (both yours & Dene's) are noteworthy!!

Another pair of beautifully marked flatties! Looks HUGE in Dene's hands!!

Well done :)

Roberta

Yes, and we are jealous! :biggrin2:

Well, there you go. I promise not to bore you with weekly reports anymore, unless we catch something that is noteworthy. I will post again at the end of Feb to give you a run down on how we went. Best of luck on the water, Raiders :yahoo:

Cheers

Hodgey

You can bore us all ya want Hodgey , they are always good reports, nice fish ..:yahoo:

Cheers...

Thank you everyone for your comments and PMs. :blush:

Yes, I have been modifying the shads, in order to improve capture rate. Trim the 1st cm from the front, then trim the face back on a 45degree angle. This helps maintain stability when jigging, and assists in the 'glide' down to the bottom.

Fishing the barren sand patches amongst the weed beds can prove to be a frustrating technique, but the rewards are worth it :biggrin2:Hint: have your popper rod set up and on standby, because this is the same territory the whiting are hiding in ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

Weekly reports are never boring Hodgey!! Keep em coming... I love reading about everyone else's exploits, otherwise they won't feel the obligation to read my much less interesting ones :biggrin2:

Those are a pair of beautiful fish. I don't care a jot about people holding fish out to the camera..a you get a much better shot... not just from the fish looking bigger but also from the depth and changes to lighting it creates. If people want to get gnarly about it, that's probably because they judge a good day by weight not memories.

More please mate. :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky