Aussie Girl Competing In The Usa Bass Tournament

Capt Hook

Came across this story today online...probably in the paper as well...I'm going to make sure I get my 14 yr old daughter to read this in the hope she gets the fishing bug back...I miss my fishing buddy...since she started high school and grew up the fishing took a back seat... :(

Good Story

Kim is one of my 10 year old daughters main role-models (whos name is also Kim) and she follows Kims progress on the us circuit near obsessively, She is also a fantastic ambassador for both Australia and for fishing in general and has done fantastic things for promoting fishing to the ladies and young ladies.

An aussie legend in the making.

GT

is it possible for us to get access to the tv coverage?

i'm interested to see the hype arounf their fishing comps. i've seen clips of the weigh-in, its like watching a grand final presentation

Here you go if you have ESPN

Hopefully Hooky is recording it for me if not I hope one of you guys will

ESPN is going to show the 2009 Bassmaster Classic this Sunday, manily because Kim Bain has qulified and will be the first female (and Aussie) to do so.

Screening times are:

Sunday 12.30pm - 2.00pm for day 1 action.

2.00pm - 4.00pm for day 2 action

10.00pm - Midnight for day 3.

Go Girl!!! Good on ya, Kimmie!!!

Ooooh Dave - if anyone could put it on DVD, I'd love to see it!! Please? Pretty Please???

I think that Carl Jocumsen has headed over there to crack the US trophy market now, too!

The Aussie Mafia will strike again! We've taken over their acting spots, now we want their fishing spots! :)

Hope the claws stay in tho! :( Looks like some real bad sports over there!!

What lures do her & her husband make? Anyone know the name of them?

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Ooooh Dave - if anyone could put it on DVD. I'd love to see it!! Please? Pretty Please???

I think that Carl Jocumsen has headed over there to crack the US trophy market now, too!

Cheerio

Roberta

i wouldn't mind one coming my way too :1prop:

hope carl does well. i enjoy watching him fish, every fish excites him.

Edited by hottyscotty

Go Kim!

I've been reading Kim Bain's articles for years and following her fishing on the US tournament circuit for a while... some very knowledgeable people have told me she's one of the best fisho's anywhere... she's shaking up the establishment big time.

Hope she does well... it can only be great for us getting more coverage on telly of fishing.

Cheers, Slinky

Live weigh-in is on now! Half way thru the field ....... Kim has just been weighed in!!!

2 fish weighing in at 3lb 6oz.

Still 25 anglers to weigh in & there are 2 blokes below her, so not doing too bad! 2 more days to go!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmast...ournamentId=882

Edited by Roberta

Just heard them say that only 25 go thru to fish the Sunday! (about half the field)

So far, Kim is in the lower half of the field, but not on the bottom!

I think it is a 3 day tournament, so hopefully she will get a good bag tomorrow to keep her in the hunt!

Roberta

Kim got a 8lb 12oz bag today for 5 fish taking her overall tally to 7 fish for 12lb 2oz. Pretty good, I reckon, given the amount of pressure on her to perform!

She came 47th out of 51 but at least didn't get any doughnuts (as did a few of the guys, on both days!)

Looks like the top 25 go thru to the final tomorrow.

Roberta

Can confirm that Roberta. have been watching all afternoon. Some of those rigs are crazy, must be topping 50-75 knots.

I will re-iterate what the commentators have been saying. This is probably the only sport where gender has no bearing on the outcome. "The fish don't know that it is a female on the other end of the rod".

6lbs against 30+ lbs just doesn't wash with me.

Credit to her that she topped the all female list in the womens competition, but these guys are like lions.

Some of these guys are just damned crazy. Kelly, I think his name is, has just completed a triple heart bypass operation and I am pretty certain that he made the final cut of 25 anglers for the final day.

Have not seen one angler from the 51 competing tolling a lure. Some are catching Bass in 12 inches of water.

Something to do with the love bug. That the shallower water warms up much quicker obviously, than the deeper water.

Edited by Mariner 31