Squiddies

chocofallon

Had a similar catch myself this morning. Two of us landed 18 in total and also lost a favourite coloured yozuri! Used the heads of some of them and a few whole to try and tempt kingfish at Cliftom Gardens and then at a couple of places in Middle Harbour. Could only manage one 60cm model between us and also managed to lose the anchor on a wreck. :mad3: Will check out the bottom structure better when next in that location!! The water was quite dirty in Middle Harbour after the rain last week.

Saw some schools of what I think were frigate mackeral in close to Middle Head and at Clifton Gardens. Could not tempt them with metals or plastics though.

Calamari for dinner tonight!!

cheers

Kel

Google "salt and pepper squid" and find Ed Halmagi's recipe - it was first on the list. Sensational - better than kingfish but they don't pull nearly as hard!!

Kel

Funny you say that I looked that up on google earlier today and cooked it tonight. It was great but my god I don't know what was messier the ink all over my boat or the flour all over the kitchen. I ended up looking like Al Pacino at the end of scar face.

Hey matey i think i saw you at Cliffo on the Saturday? I was there from 4.30am in the morning but squidding off the wharf, i left by around 7.30am - i only caught one squid and a baby cuttle for livebait.

Where you the fellas in the boat towards the rocks ? - whiteboat not much detail ?

I'm pissed coz i didn't catch much damn it..

Hey matey i think i saw you at Cliffo on the Saturday? I was there from 4.30am in the morning but squidding off the wharf, i left by around 7.30am - i only caught one squid and a baby cuttle for livebait.

Where you the fellas in the boat towards the rocks ? - whiteboat not much detail ?

I'm pissed coz i didn't catch much damn it..

Gday mate,

No that wasn't me I caught these ones off lake macquarie out of the channel around the island.

Cheers,

Joe