Port Hacking Fad

patto

Hi all,

Just getting into offshore fishing as have recently upgraded to a boat capable of heading out of the rivers :yahoo: and am just wondering if anyone has ventured out to the Port Hacking FAD lately and if so if there has been any action with the dollies? Thinking of heading out in the morning so any reports would be great.

Cheers Ric

Hi Ric, I went to port hacking fad saturday and today. There are plenty of dollies out there but mostly under size, the bigger ones are down deep so it might be worth downrigging your livies or just putting some lead on your rigs to get them down. Theres not much current and the water temp is 24 degrees. Good luck

Cheers Mike

Ric

As Fishbones(Hi mike, did you score any on the jig) said send your livies deep(with some lead). I would advise you to get there before 9am. We arrived just after 8am and the fish were on the bite with a fish every cast but they were mostly undersized(70-80% throw back). There were also alot of kings right at the FAD , all under sized but alot of fun on soft plastics and bream gear.The dollies were taking plastics, pillies and livies.

We left just after 11am and trolled SE and then turned towards Wollonggong and then up towards Cronulla. No marlin and no bait fish but water temp was 24.1.

Regards Kit

Ric

As Fishbones(Hi mike, did you score any on the jig) said send your livies deep(with some lead). I would advise you to get there before 9am. We arrived just after 8am and the fish were on the bite with a fish every cast but they were mostly undersized(70-80% throw back). There were also alot of kings right at the FAD , all under sized but alot of fun on soft plastics and bream gear.The dollies were taking plastics, pillies and livies.

We left just after 11am and trolled SE and then turned towards Wollonggong and then up towards Cronulla. No marlin and no bait fish but water temp was 24.1.

Regards Kit

Hi Kit, caught a few on the jig saturday but none sunday. We left the fad and headed north east where we found 3 fish traps but only 1 of the traps were holding fish. The water temperature got up to 25.4 but didnt see any bait just a lot of boat trolling the shelf.

Cheers Mike

Thanks guys for your help. Went out early on monday and gave it a shot and had no luck at all. There were quite a few small dollies out there but not one was interested in anything we threw at them. Tried everything livies, weighted livies, divers, plastics, even strip baits. They would follow all the baits and lures all the way back to the boat then just swim away (very frustrating) so after about an hour wind got up and we headed back in and decided to troll around the bombee at Jibbon for kings (still nothing) so headed back for the ramp and decided to stop in the hacking for a bit of a last ditch effort to at least boat something. Finally my mate pulled in a 61cm flathead on peeled prawn so off we went back to the ramp. All in all still better than working but a couple of dollies would have been nice, maybe next time.

Ric

I went out on Sunday to the near FAD and came across a private FAD also.

We caught one 40cm dollie for 3 hours of fishing and didn't see any others.

The bloody water has cooled off 1 degree down to 23 and now there is nothing out there :ranting2: even the stripies have gone. All the fish must've moved along with the 24!

IFS

I went out on Sunday to the near FAD and came across a private FAD also.

We caught one 40cm dollie for 3 hours of fishing and didn't see any others.

The bloody water has cooled off 1 degree down to 23 and now there is nothing out there :ranting2: even the stripies have gone. All the fish must've moved along with the 24!

IFS

We also went out sunday and found no dollies at the fad but got 7 dollies up to 85 cms at those 3 fish traps east of the port hacking fad.

Mike

I dunno what others have been doing wrong :wacko:

I have had plenty of success on the dollies both times (keeping in mind these were my first two times) this season. I have seen others fishing next to me who can't hook up. GO LIGHT BOYS :1prop:

I dunno what others have been doing wrong :wacko:

I have had plenty of success on the dollies both times (keeping in mind these were my first two times) this season. I have seen others fishing next to me who can't hook up. GO LIGHT BOYS :1prop:

I reckon 8lb flurocarbon leader is light enough for dollies on a calm day let alone that choppy Sunday.

Probably have to go further out next time.

IFS