Were To Go Marlin Fishing

seabee113.4

me and dad want to go marlin fishing and l have done it once on a charter and dads done it twice l know what tackle l need and how to live bait but i dont know where to go out of and which direction to go in. how far out do you have to go, where is the schools of slimie mackeral do they hang around percific areas or move long distances. and where to lauch botany bay , sydney ?

me and dad want to go marlin fishing and l have done it once on a charter and dads done it twice l know what tackle l need and how to live bait but i dont know where to go out of and which direction to go in. how far out do you have to go, where is the schools of slimie mackeral do they hang around percific areas or move long distances. and where to lauch botany bay , sydney ?

hi mate the marlin are on the bit at browns mountain and surrounding areas you can head out from either syd or botany its about 45kms off shore. The last hookup we had there was on trolling skirts pink and purple the real catcher. Some times they may be a little finickiy so if you have a good sounder on board look for bait balls [drive very slowly in such deep water its hard to locate them on your sounder] once you find them drop the 6 hook feathered bait rig to the right depth. Try sending a slimmy on heavy gear back down. And if still no luck try trooling live baits, work with the currents not against them and you must troll them very very slowly to prevent them from dieing. Good luck guys i hope you and dad catch a marlin.

Mate start anywhere where you see a bit of a change in water temperature or where bait on the sounder is present, areas like 12 mile or the Plonk hole especially when there are a few fish traps there ,are a good place to begin trolling on your way out to wider grounds like the shelf, browns mountain etc.. or if your heading north off sydney places like Long reef Wide on your way out to the baitstation

fisho 5

Went to kiama canyons on wedensday trolled lures and then live baits nothing there was no bait anywhere to be found thats not to say there are no marlin out there the last couple of weeks have been really good just not for me on that day other then that we droped baits down to the bottom and caught some nice blue eye and some big gemfish and a few other deep reef fish as well so nothing on the top try the bottom.