My First Day On A Boat

spinner

Hello, i am 13 years old and had my first day out on a boat in pitwater with adjustedpete (peter and my dad groper (basil). We started at around 3;15 AM in the morning fishing for yakkas (yellowtail)

I caught two and my dad caught 8.

We then went out on a boat and straight away i had some big fish on. I had around 8-10, five minute fights with the fish and they all ended up in either getting busted off or just simply chucked the hook away.

I caught a pb bream and my dad got a pb flathead (57cm) and a pb flounder. Pete was using live bait but had no luck, he caught quite a few other fish including a large bream (about 37cm)using bait.

We ended the day at about 5:10. We caught about 20 small tailor and had many big ones on the line, but didn't get one on the boat. :05: After we left Peter went back out and caught two kingies( just our luck).

Pete, you have to post some photos of the kingies and take us to the spot in which you keep catching them :1prop:

Here is a pic of the pb flatie

post-9995-1235891317_thumb.jpg

Edited by spinner7

Nice work Spinner and great report. That's a nice looking flattie :thumbup:

I'd love to know what the fish were you were losing. Sound's like you had a lot of fun. I hope Little Slinky is still as keen on fishing as you are when she gets to 13.

Keep the reports coming.

Cheers, Slinky

nice work mate thats a great first session out on a boat, ive had a couple of mates who recently experienced their first boat trip - they were going out at 10am and both my mates didnt end up sleeping the night b4 :1prop: cos of the excitement, when they came back the news was they caught nothing and one of them dropped their mobile into the water :074: but luckily it had one of those rubber skins and didnt get damaged,

anyway top job :thumbup:

nice work mate thats a great first session out on a boat, ive had a couple of mates who recently experienced their first boat trip - they were going out at 10am and both my mates didnt end up sleeping the night b4 :1prop: cos of the excitement, when they came back the news was they caught nothing and one of them dropped their mobile into the water :074: but luckily it had one of those rubber skins and didnt get damaged,

anyway top job :thumbup:

The part about the no-sleep is so true!!! I went to bed at about 9:30.. i slept on the couch, with the phone in my hand to turn off the alarm when it went off. The last time i checked the time it was 11:42 pm. I woke up at 2:00 am and the tiredness didn't hit me till about 11:40 :1prop:

Edited by spinner7

good on ya mate - thats a nice flattie!! perhaps they were kingies taking the live bait, what do you reckon?

I still get excited the night before a fishing trip!

Pete.

They may have well been kingies but they wouldn't have been over 70cms long becuase if they were, i probably wouldn't have been to hold up the rod, let alone reel it in. =D

Well done mate.....

You will never forget that first trip out on the boat and now that you have had a taste you will be nagging your dad to take you every weekend.

I bet you are already thinking that in only in a few years you will have your P PLATES and then you can get real fishing mad and go all the time.

twin 1

Well done mate.....

You will never forget that first trip out on the boat and now that you have had a taste you will be nagging your dad to take you every weekend.

I bet you are already thinking that in only in a few years you will have your P PLATES and then you can get real fishing mad and go all the time.

twin 1

LOL, his already getting 40 out 40 on the quize(www.maritime.com)he wants to go fo his young adult licence

Hello, i am 13 years old and had my first day out on a boat in pitwater with adjustedpete (peter and my dad groper (basil). We started at around 3;15 AM in the morning fishing for yakkas (yellowtail)

..........I caught two and my dad caught 8.

Hi Spinner Congratulations on your good results and getting yourself a personal best on your first boat trip. I know your Dad Basil and your Dad and a friend of your Dad and myself, George, Cungee George on Fishraider, and myself intend to have a jewfish session in the near future...... My grandson Little Jewgaffer who is twelve and a only year younger than you will be coming along to help out in general particularly with the live bait and squid catching. I have just received a second live bait tank today and when my boat is ready you are quite welcome to come along with your Dad and fish at the bow end with Little Jewgaffer. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Spinner Congratulations on your good results and getting yourself a personal best on your first boat trip. I know your Dad Basil and your Dad and a friend of your Dad and myself, George, Cungee George on Fishraider, and myself intend to have a jewfish session in the near future...... My grandson Little Jewgaffer who is twelve and a only year younger than you will be coming along to help out in general particularly with the live bait and squid catching. I have just received a second live bait tank today and when my boat is ready you are quite welcome to come along with your Dad and fish at the bow end with Little Jewgaffer. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

that would be awesome :biggrin2: i never say no to fishing :1fishing1:

Can't wait to meet little jewgaffer =D