Morning On Budgewoi Beach

BTK

Hey all

Went out this morning, got to the beach at about 6am or just before sunrise.

Started off using some Squid i caught a few nights back and caught a decent sized Tailor roughly 40 Cms i think (pic below). Got sick of using squid so i changed to Servo Pillies which i caught a smaller Tailor on and threw back, after that there wasnt much action for a while until i started seeing some Dolphins cutting through the waves out the back, after watching the dolphins swim past i hooked up to a decent salmon and landed it which i threw back aswell. Stoped fishing around 9am.

Tailor i kept

Picture155Custom.jpg

Dolphins

Picture151Small.jpg

Salmon

Picture149Custom.jpg

Cheers

Cory

:biggrin2: Great report mate. It looks like the salmon has a bite taken out of it....

Thanks mate and yeh it did not sure what might of taken a bite out of it, but it wasnt me :whistling:

Great report Cory. Nice tailor too. :thumbup:

The shot of the dolphins riding the waves is sensational!

It looks like something has had a go at the salmon alright. Would a squid or cuttlefish do that? Also, is it just the photo or does the salmon's tail look really big in comarison to the body?

Cheers

Peter

Great report and photos mate :thumbup:

I particularly like the one of the dolphins! I have an RDO today so I took 4 yo son down to the esplanade and there were 10-12 dolphins doing the same thing as in your photo .... body surfing the waves. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera but now we have a photo to show Mummy what it looked like!

Cheers

Hodgey

Great report Cory. Nice tailor too. :thumbup:

The shot of the dolphins riding the waves is sensational!

It looks like something has had a go at the salmon alright. Would a squid or cuttlefish do that? Also, is it just the photo or does the salmon's tail look really big in comarison to the body?

Cheers

Peter

Not sure about the tail, it was actually the first salmon i caught and i did not even know what it was until i got home because once i got the hook out i snapped a quick pic and got him back in the water so he would hopefully be released safely

G'day gang !Now thats a nice way to start a day.And a feed is the bonus. :thumbup: I would think that the salom has had a lucky escape from dolphans before.And has'nt been able to feed to well.Hence a bit on the slim side and the tail looks larger