Syd Harbour 6-3-09

Penguin

We fished the Harbour yesterday with a couple of mates.

We were using Prawns, Pilchards and some Squid we had caught earlier in the week

and last nite for bait.

It was pretty slow going on the fishing front, we managed to land 5 Kings all under size and

we also got 12 other keeper fish, which comprised of 1 Leathery, 7 Bream 28-36cm,

2 Trevs 38 & 41cm, and 2 Flatties 45 & 50cm. We had a few Kings in our berley trail but

none of the bigger ones would touch any of our baits or lures, or live Squid :( they would

just check out our offerings and swim away. Not one of the rat Kings we caught was caught on

any Squid only on peeled prawns and pilly cubes, the squid did however when stripped

up account for all our Bream.

Anyway we had fun and scored a feed so we were happy with the day.

penguin

here's a couple of pics.

post-1664-1236407419_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1236407450_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1236407472_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

Well done on another productive day on the water, John :thumbup:

How do you find those landing nets mate? Many lures or hooks snagged in them? I am looking at an alternative to the heavy eviro-type net. Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Ian

Well done on another productive day on the water, John :thumbup:

How do you find those landing nets mate? Many lures or hooks snagged in them? I am looking at an alternative to the heavy eviro-type net. Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Ian

Hi mate,

1st time using that net and I found that everything was getting hooked up in it and it was

a pain to unsnag hooks etc from it. So hope that helps.

penguin

........How do you find those landing nets mate? Many lures or hooks snagged in them? I am looking at an alternative to the heavy eviro-type net. Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Ian

Yet another good effort Penguin. You and the boys seem to manage to get among the fish even on the days when others are not catching anything. :thumbup:

Ian, have a look at this link about chosing a net these days and read the replies...... The reply by Squizzy Taylor to the questions asked speaks for the benefit of paying a little bit more and finishing up with a decent net for your money. :thumbup:

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry283482

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

well done on getting a feed once again :thumbup: .

we went past you guys about 10am and i had to laugh about the style of you guys..

so layed back on that pleasure cruiser with one on top of deck laying down but looked like a rod was still out. :074: ..

such a beautiful day on the best harbour in the world and what a way to get a feed of fish eh :thumbup: ..

better than me in my little jalopy,dropped one 75cm king boatside from my stupid mistake then cruised all over the place for zip...

the kings we found at sunrise would look and follow yakkas but did hit the live squids offered although they still were very fussy till they moved on... had them following my bait one time for about 40-50metres away from the structure and not hit the bait....

cheers...steve.....

Hi mate,

1st time using that net and I found that everything was getting hooked up in it and it was

a pain to unsnag hooks etc from it. So hope that helps.

penguin

Thanks for the feedback mate. That's another one crossed off the list :biggrin2:

Hodgey

Yet another good effort Penguin. You and the boys seem to manage to get among the fish even on the days when others are not catching anything. :thumbup:

Ian, have a look at this link about chosing a net these days and read the replies...... The reply by Squizzy Taylor to the questions asked speaks for the benefit of paying a little bit more and finishing up with a decent net for your money. :thumbup:

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry283482

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Ah, forgot about that link. Thanks Byron!

Ian