First Yak King

jenno64

Hit the Georges at 7am with a flukey south easterly blowing and fished with some chunky Poddies I had collected yesterday . No joy for the first hour or so. The tide turned and I tried a drift at the beginning of the run out, picking up a 57cm flatty on a poddy. Returned to the same drift and scored another 40cm model. Same drift broght a 48cm flatty and the 4th got a different kind of hit. This fish took some spirited runs on 3lb gelspun with a 10lb leader and after a few minutes a 59cm king came up. I was hoping for my first yak jew but pleased with the result. Didn't have a camera with me so snapped one on my phone and will add a pic tomorrow. Set my drift again and lost a corker of a flatty before picking up another couple and finishing on the last bait of the day with a healthy 59cm specimen. Didn't open the lure box all day and was off the water by 10:30am with six prime flatties for the table this week. It was good to go back to baits for a change. The mojo has returned after a few weeks of limited fishing opportunities.

post-4017-1236510770_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1236510781_thumb.jpg