Fisherman To Dentist!

Tiger Cam

I’d like to share an amusing incident with you.

As with most kids my son’s age, their baby teeth start to wobble and fall out one by one. Some fall out chewing on dinner, some are a bit more stubborn. Tonight my son had an episode of the latter. I often joked with him about tying one end of a piece of string to his wobbly tooth and the other to a door handle……..

Tonight I took it a step further by fetching some 10lb monofilament fishing line and suggested he open his mouth. To my surprise he did and then the sight of me looping a knot ready to sling over his tooth still did not deter him. I thought …well OK let’s give it a go! :1Lighten: I slipped it over his tooth then hesitated again. He didn’t flinch. I gave it a quick tug as if a Yacka were on the end of the line…..BINGO the tooth came out with a minimum of fuss to be placed under the pillow for the tooth fairy to take away tonight :biggrin2:

Now there is a use for fishing line I never thought I'd employ! :074:

Cheers,

Cam

Aaaaar takes me back to when I was a kid.My farther was a marster tooth puller.The hard part was waiting for the tooth to be lose enough to be pull out.And here is a word of warning. If you want to try this. Make shure the tooth is very lose.or there will be tears

Nice work Cam, and I don't want to doubt your word, but I'd really like to see a photo of the tooth on a ruler as well as confirmation of the line actually being 10lb mono.

Here's a nice molar I pulled earlier this year. Of course it didn't fight as hard as a good incisor or bicuspid.

(I'm still waiting to pull a big canine on braid)

post-4381-1236816271_thumb.jpg

This tooth was pulled with 6lb mono using a "Stella" door handle and a heavy solid corinthian door. (By the way, the resulting tears almost filled a bucket)

Cheers

Peter

:074:

Whats the tooth fairys hand out these days? when i was a kid i think 50c was the going rate for a tooth. maybe $1

Had that convasation many a time with the Ex, I just started putting what was in my pocket at the end of the day.....

Well until one day it was less than the time before....

I just said the tooth must have been smaller :biggrin2: