Save S&s

rickb

It shouldn't only be the number of posts or the lenght of time you have been a member but should relate to being active like 2 posts a month.

As for the member who wrote theabusive post about goods in a lot of ways it would be good that posts like that remain as it says a lot about the character of the member and the counterparty. It would indicate to me someone I wouldn't want to deal with in buy and sell or socially. Sterilizing the site can have the reverse affect as people know the post will be removed rather than stay to show what character they really are. I can see the other side to this as well. Some people buyers and sellers just don't have a clue but it is the same anywhere in life and same goes for ethics and character.

If there were correct details in adds it would save a lot of the trouble I feel. Prices , description , suburb , collection and payment details as then sellers state what is expected and buyers are aware of conditions - whatever. As for comments on peoples for sale adds just have the posts locked and all dealings are via PM and extra details can then be edited by the seller into their own add. No abusive posts that way and if there was bad enough feelings over a couple of sales reported by PM a mod could suspend member.

We all must understand that there is people from very young to very old on here with different skills and expectations.

The couple of interactions I have had purchasing stuff have been simple straightforward and can only hope the feelings were mutual for the seller. Things like when I picked up a rod off a member I found out why I was suffering knot failure is invaluable as it was 2 minutes face to face that could have never been explained in writing to me. That is what community is about. I ended up with well maintained better quality gear for my niece and nephew that they will never wear out, I suspect they were cheap but the clincher was a honest member telling me they were suitable as his kids had similar setups. One had originally come from a sponser as well so sponsers product got rap as well.

I'd rather buy a boat off a fellow raider ( or sponser) that I know has being currently used and is a serious sale but as with everything would still do all the checks.

Hopefully some of the Raiders ideas can be implemented so buy and sell can remain and not absorb so much modrators time and frustration.

Pel

PS as for visitors to the site I think they should only be able to see posts a week or 14 days old. ie out of date reports . If they want to know what's happening in the raider community they can be come members.

Thanks Pel, you just saved me a lot of typing.

It would be a great shame to see S&S go we have all bought some great gear and some new fisho's,it should be members only,from all I have read we should come up with some great ideas,that will work and make it a bit easier on the Mods and Admin.

Rick.

This topic has already been knawed to the bone. Admin and the mods team have made a decision in the best interests of Fishraider as a whole. Continuing to knaw the bone will only give everyone indigestion. No more posts on this topic please.

Cheers, Slinky