Pumping Nippers

Justin

was pumping nippers (those yabbies with one big pink claw and one small claw) in the Paramatta river the other day when i fellow fisherman told me that its illegal to do inside the harbour?

had a quick look on the fisheries website but couldnt find anything, ill call them soon but just wondering if this was common knowledge or not?

i knew of no such ban

cheers

This should answer your question.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pd...260263/IPAs.pdf

Taken from the fisheries page

Regards Swordfisherman

That says that all invertibrites are protected by means of FISHING - technically pumping is not fishing but I wouldnt want to try it just the same! however it may be a loop hole in the law. just thought i woulld share my observation.

My advice - pump somewhere else and bring them with you.

Pete.

Last time I checked you cant take any invertebrate(nippers included) from anywhere in Sydney harbour or attached waterways. Hawkesbury is OK not sure about Hacking or Botany.

Cheers,

Ken

From Sydney Harbour or the Parramatta River is against the law to do so,that includes pumping or digging them.

The other two waterways you mention it is permissable ,but there are some restrictions.

Please check the laws on the fisheries web site to make sure you are doing everything legally.

Regards Swordfisherman

Would they not be referring to worms?

I thought nippers would be classified as a crustacean.

Im pretty sure all crustaceans are invertebrates (including nippers) as they have no spinal chord.

Cheers,

Simmo