Fireline Xds

strewth

Not sure why u would have second thoughts because it is not available on US websites??  I have been using it for river and dam bass for a few months now and rate it very highly.  ABA have it in stock. :thumbup:

36340[/snapback]

It is unusual for Berkely product to released here and not the US. Concerned that the 8lb has been deleted from the US catalogues due to problems, as I thought that it was originally available.

Have you actually used the 8lb (not the heavier breaking strains)?

Strewth

Seems strange it isn't there ?

I use the 8 pound & I am very happy with it. It wears very well & casts good also. I haven't found any problems with it.

36368[/snapback]

Thanks Ken. I like the feel of it (similar to true braid but stiffer), but have been unable to get an independent opinion on it. Hate to blow hard-earned $ on a lemon....

Strewth

See what u r saying now mate :thumbup: , Unfortunately plenty of good products from US are discontinued as they are not very popular over there. Not sure how many US fisherman especially in the bass scene actually fish with 8lb, from the shows I watch they mainly use extremely high breaking strain line so maybe that is a reason??. But I have been using the 8lb for months and it is durable and strong with less knots than standard fireline. I still use standard for bream though as the dark green colour (although it gets lighter with use) is difficult to see if you like to watch your line.