Swansea Rock Fishing

BTK

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone has ever fished this spot at Swansea before off the rocks (Marked Below), i havent ever done much rock fishing so im not sure if thats a decent spot or not but last time i looked at it when i was walking around there is looked fairly safe to begin with. I was also wondering what type of rigs to use for rock fishing, and do i use Livies and can i catch Livies near the rocks?

The reason i ask about living is that last time i was in swansea all i could catch was those little sweep things for live bait and i dont know if they are to good.

swanseaRocks.jpg

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Cory

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone has ever fished this spot at Swansea before off the rocks (Marked Below), i havent ever done much rock fishing so im not sure if thats a decent spot or not but last time i looked at it when i was walking around there is looked fairly safe to begin with. I was also wondering what type of rigs to use for rock fishing, and do i use Livies and can i catch Livies near the rocks?

The reason i ask about living is that last time i was in swansea all i could catch was those little sweep things for live bait and i dont know if they are to good.

swanseaRocks.jpg

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Cory

You'll get sambos when they are running Cory and perhaps tailor, whiting are caught regularly in the channel so there might be a chance of them too.

Cheers

Geoff

Gday mate,

All that black stuff out in front of there is kelp so you'll get squid. As for fishing those rocks I haven't myself but it will be quiet snaggy.

Cheers,

Joe

Ok cheers mate, ill try for some squid next time im there for sure.

when i fish shallow areas off the shore, i use no sinkers at all. especially when you use half a pillie, theres quite a bit of weight already

also use your polaroids to see whats around. sometimes there will be bream lurking close to the rocks.

i was thinking of using a float or something like that, i havent been game enough to wonder onto the rocks around the coast and these ones i seen were fairly safe last time i was there so i thought it might be a good start. i might have a look around the coast i know there is alot of other quality rock fishing places, just need a good one to start out on!

Cheers

Cory