Greenwich

SimJ

Quick session at greenwich last night, tide was on the way out when we got there. More tailor than i had ever seen before there, they were a little bit bigger than usual too (still choppers but 27cm average).

Unfortunately there was no bream around at all, not even the small unkeepables. Tried changing sides and even sent a whole pilchard out unweighted. Suddenly zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz not very big runs but pretty strong turns out to be a nice bream (37cm) and it took the whole pilchard.

post-9568-1237824559_thumb.jpgpost-9568-1237824601_thumb.jpg

Started to rain after that so we went home. Also caught this catfish that was really different to the normal ones Ive caught. It didnt even have spines just hard fins? Any ideas anyone?

post-9568-1237824842_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Simmo

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad used to take me to Greenwich to fish in the late 70s and early 80s..

There was a park near the public baths and then you followed a track for a hundred metres or so then walk down to the rocks..

We always used to get a feed of Leatherjackets...

Pan fried jackets in butter and home made potato scallops... :biggrin2::biggrin2:

G'day Simmo, nice bream mate and that other thing looks a bit catty to me too.

I am interested to know what your camera is, seems to be either set to very low resolution or is it and old camera option on a mobile phone. I have had a play around with the bream pic in photoshop but I can't get it that much better..

Good catch anyway..

Cheers..

Thanks everyone.

Ray R my "camera" is actually a POS 2mg pixel one on my phone :thumbdown: at night time its virtually useless, but if I wait till i get home to take the picture the fish is virtually useless :074:

Cheers Slink ur always on the ball :thumbup:

Simmo

well done on the pb bream simmo if there's that many choppers around may be worth chucking out a big jew bait

you should start a list off your pb's and also tick off new fish caught you have come a long way in a short time mate

cherrs gary

well done on the pb bream simmo if there's that many choppers around may be worth chucking out a big jew bait

you should start a list off your pb's and also tick off new fish caught you have come a long way in a short time mate

cherrs gary

To be honest mate if it wasnt for this site and helpful chaps like yourself on it, I probably wouldnt have caught anything except for catfish :1prop: .

p.s. might need to pm u soon for some new pointers mate :biggrin2:

Cheers everyone,

Simmo