Pt Stephens Going Off

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1237858007_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237858007_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237858054_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237858131_thumb.jpg

PT STEPHENS FIRES UP AT LAST NOT BEFORE TIME (Late March)

Having fished Pt Stephens for three and a bit decades I would have to say that this season would have to be one of the slowest for many years . A season of adversely hot currents out wide up to 27 degrees and then cold 16.5 degree green water in close

It’s all happening at Pt Stephens with a late bite on big stripes The past few trips Broadbill and Billfisher have caught some great black and striped marlin. Yesterday Billfisher caught three and that’s our best day in numbers since arriving in mid January.

It was Peter Worrell who got lucky yesterday on Broady when he spent an hour and 15 minutes on a 130 kg striped. It was Pete’s first ever marlin and I am sure he will not forget the epic battle . The next day it was Brad White’s turn when he scored a 120 kg black marlin on Broadbill The big fish jumped high and put on a great show much to the delight of all, but more so for local photographer Ray Alley who took some great pics .

However not to be out done it was Glenn Hunter on Billfisher who out did the entire fleet with three striped marlin for the day. Every time I looked around the boat was going backwards again. The fish were caught on skipping bonito.

We have been mixing up some days with a little reef fishing as well as some live baiting for long tails and have been successful with good efforts on each specie.

BLUEFIN TUNA GREAT LIGHT TACKLE FUN

The long tails or northern bluefin as they used to be called are great fun on light gear. We caught them on our Shimano Saragosas and kiddin’ they don’t get them humming on the first lightning run.

It has been a long, patient season with fishing being good one day and terrible the next, but it has at last come back to being reliable again, something like we have relied on for the past few decades.

We are now going out each day expecting action and knowing if you work hard it will be there.

I believe that we are going to see some brilliant fishing right through to Easter all the boxes are ticked with water temp back to 23 degrees, current flow into the nor west and light and bait every where . It about to ‘Go Off”

And BRING IT ON I SAY.

HOT OFF THE PRESS

THERE WERE 20 MARLIN CAUGHT BETWEEN THREE BOATS YESTERDAY

( I love it when a plan comes together)

BILLFISHER HAS CAUGHT 5 TODAY AND THAT WAS AT LUNCH

We are here to April 7th if anyone wants to come back and share charters at Sydney prices $260.00 per day accommodation $40.00 per head Ring 0409 047 727

Check out the fabulous Ray Alley (local Pt Stephens photographer’s photos) on this issue

post-2782-1237857707_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857729_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857756_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857778_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857810_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237858054_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857810_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857847_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857880_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857880_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857944_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857976_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857830_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1237857912_thumb.jpg

Congrats mate ... looks like you boys are on fire!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

The photos are bloody superb :thumbup:

Keep the photos and reports coming Ross. Tight lines and screaming reels for the rest of your season mate

Cheers

Hodgey

Congradulations on you and glen getting some good fish this week.

The weather, the water. the fish how can they be so cruel this season.

One thing I know is you two will never give up.

Thats why I fish on your boats.

Next season it will proberly be unbelievable which is why I keep going up there every year with you blokes.

No prisoners go hard the Hunters.

Regards The Human Winch and Johnny Boo Cartledge.

Congradulations on you and glen getting some good fish this week.

The weather, the water. the fish how can they be so cruel this season.

One thing I know is you two will never give up.

Thats why I fish on your boats.

Next season it will proberly be unbelievable which is why I keep going up there every year with you blokes.

No prisoners go hard the Hunters.

Regards The Human Winch and Johnny Boo Cartledge.

Winch,

Thanks so much for those kind words We have fished one of the toughest seasons which has been at times soul destroying for a skipper. That's why we targetted the bluefin , snapper and flathead when there was no other option,just to turn a reel and get Some Smiles on Dials.That's now behind us and the fish are back Glenn caught 7 yesterday You and Boo better haul some arse and get back up here I just love seeing the Human Winch in action.

Roscoe

Congratulations guys,

Lets hope the bite continues for the next few days, with 7 fish days I'd almosy be tempted to shoot up there and give them another shot.

Excellent pictures too !

Chris

Good haul there boys, great to see u guys catching marlin again

Spheros,

Thanks for the kind words We caught few last week Broadbill 5 and Billfisher 4 It's happening up here We still have two spots for Sunday if any Raiders are interested at Sydney prices Ring 0409 047 727 to book

Ross

Hey Rossco,

That one with the parasites on him.... that IS a good solid fish, no doubt about it. Hows the condition on him?, good to see. Anyway glad to hear its finally come good - I told you it would.... as Marlin Skippers we must have faith above all else, without it we have nothing. I fished the 31 Luhrs 'Imagine That' last couple of days and you will of course be happy to hear that we put 4 little blacks together (very early in the year) and they have booked me for the weekend as well so hopefully I can keep the show going with a bit of luck. Well done old mate.

Capt. Bat

Rossco,

forgot to add I drove 'Billfish' on Tuesday and got a beautifull solid Sail at every bit of 50 - 60 plus a heap of Spanish. I've been fishing them on the program, I'm back to the mullet teasers though - as a pure bait man I just can't leave those hookless lures in the water long enough.... its a mental thing I know, but thats just me.....

Cheers Mate

Capt. Bat

Rossco,

forgot to add I drove 'Billfish' on Tuesday and got a beautifull solid Sail at every bit of 50 - 60 plus a heap of Spanish. I've been fishing them on the program, I'm back to the mullet teasers though - as a pure bait man I just can't leave those hookless lures in the water long enough.... its a mental thing I know, but thats just me.....

Cheers Mate

Capt. Bat

Lord Barron Batsrum the third in capitulation and waiting (aka The Bat)

My long suffering deckie for 10 years on Braodbill and great mate.

Mate I do remember the mullet days well on Broadbill and yes! and they do work well as long as the fish doesn't eat them first. I do remember a big striped drilling our striped tuna teaser and playing 130kg marlin on a teaser rod was intersting and the big fish did not want to let go, in the end all we got back was the wax thread stitching.

We prefer lures 2 lumos and a brace of squid and sauries of the half rigger seems to work OK

The fishing has gone red hot up here but weather has kept us home all week Glenn's out today on BILLFISHER so we'll see if they are still snapping. Visit www.gamefishingcharters.com.au for a full report.