Weipa Fishing Trip

hookerbruce

Hi All

I've just been finishing last few details for my annual trip to Weipa and while talking to the houseboat people they said they have had a few cancellations and have a boat available from 4th to 23 rd june.

Boat holds up to ten people we find if we have 6 or 7 we can have a good trip which costs about $1300 each (for 9 nights) plus airfares plus a couple of meals at the pub plus your alcohol, plus your own fishing tackle. We have a full crew for our trip in May but if someone wants to organise their own trip I can give you a copy of food lists, gear etc.

We usually fly into Weipa a couple of days before the hire, pick up a twin cab ute at the airport and stay in cabins at the campground. Hire a couple of runabouts to fish the river for the two days, buy all the food and supplies, then get on the houseboat for 6 nights and take along a couple of dinghies.

This is a self drive self catered trip you have to find your own fish. If you were to go out with the Hunter Boys on they're boats here everything is done for you. In Weipa you have to do it all yourself.

If you Goggle houseboats and weipa you should be able to find website with all the info about prices,accomodation etc

WARNING THE FISH DON'T JUST JUMP ON YOUR LINES YOU STILL HAVE TO FISH STRUCTURE OR BAIT SCHOOLS EVEN IN WEIPA.