Tinny Setup

Wantingaboat

Hi All,

I was hoping that a few fellow raiders might be able to show me some pictures of their tinny setups. I have a tinny with a front metal thwart seat and a back one. It has a full floor except at the very front. My tinny already has an electric motor that i attached at the front but it has no power as of yet. I also have a fishfinder that has no power. I also dont have any lights, navigation or inside the boat for night fishing. The back section of the boat behind the back thwart seat is taken up as i have two 25l fuel tanks there.

My thoughts were to install nav lights, a couple of flush mounted lights into the gunnels, give the fishfinder and electric motor power and also have a bilge pump and live bait tank pump running from one of the batteries but would like any advice offered. I thought what might suit the layout, as well as transfer a bit of weight up front, to have a live bait tank installed thats the same height as the front seat with two different 100amp deep cycle batteries mounted on either side of this. It would mean the front seat doubles in size but would mean its all incased and looks meat and tidy. Any advice on how to wire/ setup what i would like???

Thanks. Mike.

Edited by Wantingaboat

as i havev two 25l fuel tanks there.
with two different 100amp deep cycle batteries mounted on either side of this

Not sure what your plans are but for a tinney I think this may be a bit of over kill.

I can have two reasonable days in my boat (4.1m Polycraft 35hp) and still not empty a 25l tank.

I also now have a 100 amp/hour deep cycle that I haven't run dead yet so unless you are going away for a full weekend to use the electric most of the day on both days I think two of them may be a waste.

Give us a pic of the boat, the size and what you intend to use it for and we may be able to offer better help.

Dave

Here is my tinny. Sorry again for posting it the third time.

post-9512-1238062736_thumb.jpg

The reason for the two petrol tanks is my worst nightmare is to run out of petrol and carrying around another small drum/container with spare fuel isnt to my liking. Why i dont know. I would like to be able to go out overnight and have enough power to use navigation lights and lights inside the boat, fishfinder, live bait tank, bilge pump and electric motor and i didnt think that one 100amp(which i already have new sitting on my kitchen floor) deep cycle would be enough to power all those devices. If i am wrong i am quite happy to not have to fork out another $350 for another one. Those sealed batteries dont come cheap. Thanks again for any advice. Mike.

PS. What sort of engine do you have? Mine is a 2 Stroke Merc 40hp and i drive as fast as possible.

Edited by Wantingaboat

PS. What sort of engine do you have? Mine is a 2 Stroke Merc 40hp and i drive as fast as possible.

35hp Tohatsu cause it was cheap (and goes perfect) and I drive slowly cause the wind blows my smoke out. :1prop:

For your boat one battery will be fine. If you are paranoid about going out at night get a small cheaper battery and run your lights, sounder etc off that and keep the deep cycle for your your electric motor.

Any pictures raiders?

Hi wantingaboat I can be of some help with the live bait tank...

I looked around for months for a long and narrow live bait tank to mount across the stern gunnel, centered below the stern bait board/rod holder unit, and mounted above the motor well on my own alloy boat.

What I wanted had to be close to 650mm wide, hold at least 50 litres, and had to be slimline so as not to interfere with the good work space I already have, and importantly not to protrude too far into or obstruct the corners of the stern area...... After looking at the limited number of "standard" live bait tanks available, I assumed I would need to have this extra live bait bait tank custom made in powdercoated stainless steel... However I managed to locate an interstate fibreglass factory that makes only the one size and I reckon this is the perfect live bait tank, in fact the guy that was helping out with some of the installation work ordered one for himself...

There's been a lot of thought put into design and quality and the tank comes with most fittings including a spreader bar, holds 55 litres and is priced at a sensible price.

Give me a call if you like on 0413210048 and I'll give you more info on essentials and my opinion of a good fishing set up, that wont cost the earth and will add more value to your boat...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: