Blackfishing At Banjo Paterson

Justin

Hi all

I have occasionally seen people blackfishing at Banjo Paterson.

Ive blackfished before at places like The Entrance and other ocean rock shelves and have had some success.

However, every time i try it at Banjo Paterson i never seem to get any downs.

I mostly go at dusk on the last half of the incoming tide and use local weed (stringy type)

If anyone reading this fishes Banjo regularly for blackies and wouldn't mind a tag-a-long to see what im doing wrong at this particular spot, can you please send a personal message.

Thanks!

for blackies i fish the pool around the corner from the wharf

have you ever noticed that the stringy weed only grows above the water line??? i thought this was odd beacuse i went at low tide once to see what type of weed grows and all i could find was a very small amounts of sea cabbage on the rocks that are usually covered by water.

for blackies i fish the pool around the corner from the wharf

have you ever noticed that the stringy weed only grows above the water line??? i thought this was odd beacuse i went at low tide once to see what type of weed grows and all i could find was a very small amounts of sea cabbage on the rocks that are usually covered by water.

The string there is growing more in the freshwater run off. Later as the weather cools the weed will look and work alot better than present.

The cabbage there is scarce and there is just not enough there to be bothered with as you still need some for burley.

Looking out at the water from the pool on the right hand side, you should be able to flip out your rig and then drift it upstream on the run in to the little reef that comes out infront of the split rock where the fresh water drains out. You will see a deep cove before the steep rocky drop off of the reef. Most of my bites have come from here.

I like to throw my berley up current as it flys here but works well as it will draw the fish that are up on the reef that covers the whole point.

Greg