March Madness

jenno64

Hit the Georges at 7am to fish the run in with live poddies. It was a nice morning with a cool north westerly blowing and the water is still hanging in there at 21 degrees. Scored a 48cm flatty in the first 15 minutes then all went quiet for a while. Released a couple of just legals and picked up a fat 52cm fish under the bridge. Changed spots to a shallower drift and scored 2 very feisty fish at 57cm and 63cm. It has been a great month with a good feed every Sunday morning for the last 4 weeks. 4 of the fish christened my new starlo stick that I picked up at a closing down sale. The family has been dining on boneless and skinless flatty fillets twice a week and now I just need to expand my recipes to keep the interest up.

post-4017-1238292780_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1238292805_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1238292823_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1238292839_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention that when I got some colour on the 63cm model, another fish of similar size was shading it. Next drift I hooked up on a 57cm fish and it was over the same patch of ground....anyone seen this before?

I forgot to mention that when I got some colour on the 63cm model, another fish of similar size was shading it. Next drift I hooked up on a 57cm fish and it was over the same patch of ground....anyone seen this before?

I've seen it before a few times. They quite often are in pairs & will follow each other. Not shy to bite even when their mate had gone missing! :wacko:

Cheers,

Grant.